Notes are in iCloud... But very very slow to come to my Mac

Discussion in 'macOS Sierra (10.12)' started by dbrandt6, Jul 14, 2016.

1. dbrandt6, Jul 14, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2016

dbrandt6 macrumors member

dbrandt6

Its been three days now and still I only have about 50% of my notes that are in iCloud trying to get to the Notes App on my Mac. I am leaving Notes open on my Mac 24/7 and not letting it go to Sleep. Any ideas? Thank you...

Using macOS Sierra Version 10.12 Beta (16A238m) on MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2015)

Also.. I see that in Users…. Library…. Group Containers…. Group.com.apple.notes…. Media, I now have 472 notes whereas I run back a week, using Time Machine, and see there are all 984 notes. Would I just hit Restore within Time Machine while highlighting the Media Folder? Thanks again.

UPDATE:
    OK... Now all of a sudden it's gathering everything from iCloud and putting it in my Notes App on my Mac. I guess she was just looking for a little attention!

2. ajaan macrumors member

Very similar problem. I have all my notes, but Notes app is constantly trying to update and push the Notes from MacOS to iCloud, and notes are taking a very long time to upload. If a small PDF is attached to the notes then it takes forever to upload.

Sorry I don't have any solutions.

3. nightcap965 macrumors 6502a

nightcap965

I've reduced the number of Notes from over 3000 to 650. I finally got them to sync between macOS and iOS, now my trouble is with iCloud. It takes 8 to 10 minutes for them to load in iCloud, and if I quit iCloud and return, it takes another 8-10 minutes.

There is simply no way Notes can be seriously considered a rival for Evernote.