Notes = Lag City! Plus a iPhone “Notes” trick or two

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rotarypower101, Oct 13, 2008.

1. rotarypower101 macrumors regular

rotarypower101

Anyone else use notes and notice the amount of lag that keeps accumulating for such a seemingly simple application over each new firmware revision?
    I use it multiple times everyday to make little reminders and take notes of thoughts and ideas.
    Under 1.x it was snappy and easy to use now….not so much.

Anyone that uses this native apple app notice this problem, and have any advice to perk it back up to circa 1.x?

A little tip for those that don’t know yet, there is a app out there called Phoneview that will let you modify and sync notes incase you have important things to get on and off directly without having to still use the email workaround. (which only lets you retrieve them!)

Also there is a way to get rid of the “sharpy” look by changing the keyboard setting in general/keyboard/international keyboards if you so desire, with the feltmarkerworkaround

2. superstrikertwo macrumors 65816

superstrikertwo

Yes my notes have a horrible lag takes a few seconds for it to "load" before I can do anything else. It's very annoying.

3. NDimichino macrumors 6502a

NDimichino

+1, brutal because I use it a lot.

4. icewing macrumors 6502

Yes, I'm on 2.1 and I've stopped using Notes. The lag is so bad that it's unusable - add that to the "no notes sync"...well, I can't even say, "nice try, Apple"...because it's obvious they didn't try very hard on Notes yet.

5. Espo macrumors 6502

I get lag at the beginning when I first open the app, but afterwords it seems to work fine. but then again i only have 6 notes. Maybe its 'laggier' w/ more notes?

6. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

There are many free and far-superior options on the AppStore. Jott and Evernote for a start.

7. imaketouchtheme macrumors 65816

Yea, I noticed it a lot on my iPhone and iPod Touch. It's especially bad because you can't tell when it's fully loaded and if you try to tap the note when it's not fully loaded, it will like freak out.

Then most likely crash. It's not that ever other app doesn't crash anyways.