Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mocciat

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
Northern California
This verbiage concerns me this year. I don't ever remember Apple saying pre orders will "ship" on launch day. Anyone else catch that? So will the pre orders "ship" or "deliver" on September 21st? This makes a difference as I am traveling from 9/23 to 9/25 and won't be around to accept package that day. If they "ship" on the 21st I will just hit up Apple or a Verizon store.

What are your thoughts?

rockyroad55

macrumors 601
Jul 14, 2010
Phila, PA
This verbiage concerns me this year. I don't ever remember Apple saying pre orders will "ship" on launch day. Anyone else catch that? So will the pre orders "ship" or "deliver" on September 21st? This makes a difference as I am traveling from 9/23 to 9/25 and won't be around to accept package that day. If they "ship" on the 21st I will just hit up Apple or a Verizon store.

What are your thoughts?

It will ship to you the 21st. If you did a search, you'd know that the iPhones actually arrive at a single center on the 20th. Then it ships the 21st same day to get to you that day.

jkun

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2012
Apple always refers to their products as "Ships on" whatever date. That's their way of saying it delivers on that day. I was confused the first time I pre-ordered an iPhone as well. Don't worry, it's nothing out of the ordinary in terms of Apple's use of language and it is not odd.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.