Notification Centre Thoughts

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by k3roro, Nov 27, 2011.

?

What do you think of the notification centre?

1. It's fine the way it is, you're the minority.

64.3%
  2. I don't use it that much, but I like the current double-click home button for multi-tasking.

28.6%
  3. I don't use it that much, would like to see multi-tasking (recently used apps) added to it.

7.1%
  1. k3roro macrumors 6502

When I first read about the notification centre in iOS5 (drag-down from top), I thought that it was going to be really useful for me.

However, I think that as time passed, I find myself using it less and less and here is why. I have all the applications that I use frequently on the very first page of my home screen, as a result I can quickly see from a glimpse of my home screen which apps have notifications on them and access them easily.

I'm not saying that the notification centre is not useful to me, I can see in instances where people have multiple pages of apps with notifications that the notification centre would save them a lot of time, it's just the way I use my iPhone and the way I have my homescreen set-up, this is not the case.

The only reason why I'm starting this thread is I'm trying to gage whether I am the minority in terms of using the notification centre. If that's the case, I was hoping that the real estate of the notification centre can be used for multi-tasking purposes. Such as, when you drag it down, you'll have a row of must recently used apps in addition to the notifications.

How often do you use a notification centre and would you find a list of most recent apps used included in the notification centre useful?

2. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

So, you want the recently used apps in 2 places in your phone?

3. rkeato1 macrumors regular

The only thing I want added to the notification center is a quick settings menu!

4. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

5. Camdz macrumors newbie

Coming from android devices i like the pull down notification bar, but it's useless without giving you some kind of icon on the top status bar. I keep my email/SMS/phone apps on the front page, so they notify me when I have something pending. I've never once used the pull down thing on my iPhone.

6. M Quick macrumors 6502

M Quick

Why is it useless? If you leave your phone you will be notified in the lock screen and you can't miss that. And if you're using it at the same time you get something you will get a notification up top or whatever you have chosen to have it display for a couple of seconds while it makes a sound and or vibrate.

So i can't see how one would miss what's happening or what a status bar icon would be useful for.

I voted for the first choice, though you can skip the "you're the minority" part, that we'll see in this thread i guess what is what :)