Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DisplacedMic

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 1, 2009
still can't believe they haven't "fixed" this.

i know it's a super silly complaint - but i can't imagine i'm the only one.

i am looking down at my work, the notification appears, then it disappears, then it beeps, which is the point where i look up. why not beep and then show the notification?

it seems so obvious to me...
:mad::mad::mad:
that does it, i'm switching to windows;)

/rant:D

adamhenry

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2015
On the Beach
I feel the same way! I can't imagine anyone thinking that is working properly. As you say when you hear the sound and look up, there is nothing to see. The notification has already disappeared.

DisplacedMic

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 1, 2009
I feel the same way! I can't imagine anyone thinking that is working properly. As you say when you hear the sound and look up, there is nothing to see. The notification has already disappeared.

glad i'm not the only one;)

jbarley

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2006
Vancouver Island
Two things you could try to alieve your pain.
Change the notification from 'banner' to 'alert', that will stay until you dismiss it.
Or lengthen the default banner timeout period as shown here.

DisplacedMic

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 1, 2009
Two things you could try to alieve your pain.
Change the notification from 'banner' to 'alert', that will stay until you dismiss it.
Or lengthen the default banner timeout period as shown here.

hey - alerts aren't an option because of the sheer number of emails i get but the longer timeout might be good. . .

although (and now you're really going to hate me) when i do happen to be looking at the screen i sometimes find the banners annoying because they last so long and are in a spot i use frequently (the search bar)

i suppose i could just reposition the notifications to top left instead of right...

all of this could be alleviated if they simply reversed the order of events.
or if i could stop being a cry-baby

thanks for the great idea!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.