Notifications on iphone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Dstopsie, Sep 22, 2012.

1. Dstopsie macrumors 6502a

Hi I was wondering if anybody else is having this problem. I received my new new iPhone 5 32gig white ATT yesterday. I set up my email accounts and I've been trying to get my push notifications from my AOL account since yesterday. I cannot get my push aol email on my iPhone 5. When I get a new email and the screen is locked I did not get any alert sound

I think this is a problem with iOS 6.0. My iPhone 4S and my new iPad both are running 5.1.1 and they are able to very easily get all my push notifications for my AOL email account. All the settings for mail on my iPhone 5 are exactly as they are on my iPhone 4S and my new iPad. I was on the phone tonight with AppleCare senior adviser who is unable to rectify the situation and figure out why my AOL email cannot be pushed on my iPhone 5 and provide me with an alert sound when the phone is sleeping (meaning the screen is just turned off)

Is anyone else having any problems getting notifications on their iPhone 5 for their email or any other application??

I've tried turning the phone on and off deleting the account several times turning the phone on and off after I deleted the account all to no avail.

Yet on my new iPad and my for 4s this all works fine

Is anybody else having this on their new iPhone 5??

2. terrimac macrumors newbie

My email notifications are working but not on other apps on my 5 only. My 4S on iOS 6 is getting them just fine.

3. thet3chbr0th3r5 macrumors member

thet3chbr0th3r5

My iPhone 4S had the same problem with iOS 6 but then I restored it and it works good again

4. Dstopsie thread starter macrumors 6502a

I did a restore with the apple rep on the phone and it still will not push my aol email. I get no notification whatsoever when the phone is asleep. I am really frustrated with this as my 4s that's not running 6.0 works fine.

5. RxMac macrumors 6502

Recheck settings>notifications>mail.

Each mail account has different settings.

Also make sure do not disturb settings are correct.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Dstopsie thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hi

I did that. It just will not notify me at all with an alert when phone is asleep. My iCloud email will do it but not my aol email.

Yet on my iPad and 4s which are not running 6.0 it works fine for my aol mail and I get an alert when phone is asleep.

I am frustrated because no matter what I have done just won't work....

7. rdrr macrumors 6502a

rdrr

Same issue with mail here. Also my app store app has 2 for a badge notification, but it says all apps are up to date.

8. michael31986 macrumors 68030

Mine works but I feel somrtimes only fb app doesn't make the sound.

9. Dstopsie thread starter macrumors 6502a

Mine won't make the sound nor show the indicator in the mail icon on my phone that i even have any emails.

Spent over 4 hours on phone with AppleCare and could not get it fixed.

But on iPad and 4s that are running 5.1.1 it works fine. Just wont work on iphone 5 and 6.0.