Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
Some Apple retail stores show signs of having special deals on Friday, November 26, the day after the U.S. Thanksgiving holiday and the traditional kickoff of the holiday shopping season.

Last year, Apple offered 10% off on iPods and iPod accessories on the day after Thanksgiving.

[Update] - A graphic at the online Apple Store hints at savings without giving details.

store_top_teaser.gif

aricher

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2004
Chi-il
Ca-ching!! Apple is going to be reeling in the iPod profits big-time that day. I think I'll be stopping by the Michigan Avenue store here in Chicago to see what's up.

drlunanerd

macrumors 68000
Feb 14, 2004
UK
Regents Street

They're listing the new London Apple Store as taking part in this, so hopefully we'll be getting some discount goodness over the pond too!

2A Batterie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2004
Out of a Suitcase, USA
I'm not too hyped as I can get the educational discount, which is usually about 10% off the regular price. I believe that Apple is going to do a 10% off all Apple products, instead of just ipods like they did two years ago.

swissmann

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2003
The Utah Alps
Sounds like this applies to both the online store and retail stores. Since I don't have a retail store in my area I hope this is true.

frequeniquity

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2004
Find the Perfect Gift.

Not sure what to get this year? Apple wants to help. Shop now from our holiday gift lists featuring dozens of our favorites: the gorgeous iMac G5, our complete iPod selection, speakers, accessories, software and more. And be sure to come back on Friday, November 26 — the perfect day to find the perfect gift at a perfect price. From the site

Wonder Boy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 18, 2003
South Windsor, CT
will the sale be on apple products only? i dropped $200 on the ufo JBL ipod speaker system last week. if there is a sale on everything, ill rebuy it, and bring the original one back.

Lancetx

macrumors 68000
Aug 11, 2003
Wonder Boy said:
will the sale be on apple products only? i dropped $200 on the ufo JBL ipod speaker system last week. if there is a sale on everything, ill rebuy it, and bring the original one back.

Last year it included 3rd party iPod accessories. I distinctly remember the inMotion speakers being 10% off for example because I almost bought them that day.

TranceClubMusic

macrumors regular
Jan 7, 2004
Miami, FLorida
2A Batterie said:
I'm not too hyped as I can get the educational discount, which is usually about 10% off the regular price. I believe that Apple is going to do a 10% off all Apple products, instead of just ipods like they did two years ago.

Question...........Can you get both? 20% off?? EDU + The Sale Price??? :cool:

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
For Apple to have a promotion like this is no big surprise. However, I can't cash in on it as I have no plans to buy any Apple hardware or software (or anything else that would qualify for the discount). I'll have to wait until 2005 or 2006 to take advantage of these offers.

jettredmont

macrumors 68030
Jul 25, 2002
Macrumors said:

Hmmm ... "Perfect".

Perfect.

Perfect.

Perfect.

WordPerfect? Is Apple going to buy WordPerfect on Wednesday, take the day off Thursday, and bundle WordPerfect with its iOffice suite on Friday?!?

Seriously, though. Any ideas as to what the "Perfect" repitition might be alluding?

maya

macrumors 68040
Oct 7, 2004
somewhere between here and there.
jettredmont said:
Hmmm ... "Perfect".

Perfect.

Perfect.

Perfect.

WordPerfect? Is Apple going to buy WordPerfect on Wednesday, take the day off Thursday, and bundle WordPerfect with its iOffice suite on Friday?!?

Seriously, though. Any ideas as to what the "Perfect" repitition might be alluding?

By the looks of it, PERFECT is aiming towards accessories which will also include 3rd party digital cameras(corders), etc...

As in the PERFECT companion for your Mac. :)

so my guess is yes 10% off and if you have EDU pricing it might not apply. :( Though that 20% would really sound neat. :D

roadapple

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2004
Hope this is part of apple reducing the G4 stock over christmas. Looking forward to buying a new G5 powerbook for me and a G5 emac for my mom/dad this spring! Also maybe a price drop on the 23" display?

mabe

macrumors newbie
Nov 23, 2004
I'm trying to be happy for everyone that'll benefit from this mysterious discount, but part of me is really pissed that I just got my new 12" powerbook last thursday. *Deep breath*

I should be grateful that I was able to use my educational discount and the Nov 26th special will probably not be on top of that, right?

Oh well, maybe next year.

efoto

macrumors 68030
Nov 16, 2004
Cloud 9 (-6)
The little tag might be leading into a few things, but I don't know if it will be limited to that or not. A full store 10% discount would rock, especially if it stacked with EDU, but that is doubtful.

At 20% off I would almost jump to purchase a new one instantly, although I know Moore would come back to kick my butt come Jan when Jobs tell me about the G6 powerbook that has built-in spaceage cooling elements with no need for fans, its only .5" thin and has the new X800 XT card in it - 256 ddr3 :D

So yea, since that probably will not happen, unless the EDU stacks with other deals, I'll let the rest of you get happy off this one, I am waiting until Jan.

maya

macrumors 68040
Oct 7, 2004
somewhere between here and there.
blumie607 said:
Anyone think an Airport Extreme card will be on sale that day?

You can bet that the AE cards will have the 10% on them. :) Given that Apple has to compete with the wintel world when it comes to wireless as standard. Look at the iBook with AE included, plus AE is becoming old and has gotten cheap. The markup profit margin on it is quite large. Apple and other companies making these cards most likely makes them for 10-20 dollar each (considering licensing and manufacturing along with other labour costs).

Anyhow I feel at current WiFi is over hyped. :rolleyes: Now if they had a cable and dsl modem in one along with a wireless router that is a/b/g compliant that would be something to be excited about. :D

efoto

macrumors 68030
Nov 16, 2004
Cloud 9 (-6)
I know BB is having some pretty cool BF deals, including one about an iPod with speaker stand and some other stuff.

Best Buy - 20GB iPod and inMotion Speaker Dock w/ $15 Download Card to iTunes Music Store - $399.99

I have not looked at iPods all that much, so I do not know the value of that inMotion speaker dock, but the whole thing seems to be a pretty neat deal. Can anyone comment on the deal with more experience to the products? Not only price, but is that speaker dock a good one or crappy?

HyperX

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2004
Nieuwegein, Netherlands
Apple doesnt throw around PERFECT everyday... Sounds like it could be more then just a discount.. Hell imagine introducing a NEW product on that day.. something considered perfect.. along with a discount.. They could move ALOT of units.. especially if they promise delivery before xmas. It wont be an Imac or Powermac.. and would be a consumer product.. I doubt it's a new machine.. Could it be some new software.. or an accessory they deem perfect? Too bad it wont be an flash ipod player.

I say this is really hard ;P I dont have a GODDAMN clue!

Maybe it will just be 10% off after all (lame.. good but lame ;P)

PS.. anyone notice that in EVERY mag latley.. Apple is getting Kudos supream.. for no viruses.. easy to use... and AWSOME customer service. Complaints a plenty though about the cost ;P Even consumer reports recommended them if you didnt mind the software issues! This would be the perfect way to boost EOY (not FY though) profits!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.