November Surprise? Is Trump Guilty of Deleting Emails too?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by samcraig, Nov 1, 2016.

1. samcraig macrumors P6

Some will argue that there's a difference between an elected official and a business man deleting emails. I guess one has to decide the outcome. Obstruction is obstruction. Whether or not it affects the rest of the country might be important - but illegal activity is illegal activity. Note I am not saying Trump *IS* guilty. But this wouldn't surprise me in the slightest given his love of lawsuits and making many "go away" through threats and intimidation.

2. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

This just in, Trump ignored and threw away a jury summons in 1998. People need to stop reaching (and really reaching) for false equivalence. Then again it is Matthews and MSNBC so I'm not surprised.

3. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Perhaps a bit of F.E... but like I said - it speaks to the character of a person if they are engaging in obstruction of justice. If that's one of the things one hates about Hillary, it's hypocritical to not hate that about Trump.

4. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

give him a trial and put him in jail, where is the problem?

5. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

I think it's like the whole "lesser evil" thing in this case. We all hate what Trump did, but he wasn't SOS... so it's not AS bad. Had Trump been running against someone who hadn't deleted emails, then this is something we wouldn't 'overlook'.

Also, IIRC you were one of the members who actively stated that Hillary apologized for the emails, she made a mistake, it's not a big deal. So ... is it suddenly "obstruction is obstruction ... illegal activity is illegal activity" because Trump may also be guilty of deleting emails?

6. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Everyone who's ever been involved in litigation will toe the line and in some cases step over momentarily to obstruct the judicial process. Talk to any lawyer, you don't always have to make it easy.

7. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

I probably mentioned it once that she apologized after the debate. I never asserted anything that contradicts obstruction. The question is whether or not there actually was obstruction. But Hillary also isn't the one (from day one) using emails as something to attack Trump. Trump has been - so I find that the element of hypocrisy. Not saying he shouldn't have attacked her. But many have said (about Hillary) people in glass houses...

Please. We both know there's a difference between burying evidence and/or making it hard to find vs destroying it. If you didn't know that difference, you can't get pissy about Hillary deleting emails.

8. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

If regulations disallow private industry from deleting, doesn't that hurt the economy?

Corporations are people too, aren't regulations just a multisyllabic word for "laws"?

Should corporations be considered private people or agencies for the public?

9. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Trump projects his own issues onto other people, so this comes as no surprise at all to me.

10. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Damn you people got those Hillary drums banging. All I hear is, Hillary, E-mails and
    [​IMG]

11. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

so Hillary learned to delete e-mails from trump? :p

12. smallcoffee macrumors 6502a

Stop the investigation! It might interfere with the election!

13. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

And to grab P if the rumors about her and Huma are to be believed. :D

14. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Trump's probably not into pruning his email troves. Too much fussy detail work. But he might be hoping no emails will show up in his archives that he didn't write but that somehow have made their way into his backups. Vladimir's a cagey little dude LOL.

Hey Donny.. . surprised to see this one pop back in here yet again,
    after you thought you deleted it and deleted it again? Pesky, ain't it.
    Imagine if it said something naughty. You better win, boy. Later / Vlad

15. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

No. Trump made her do it just by thought. She absorbed it through osmosis because trump did it 15 years earlier.

16. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

1) were these emails under subpoena

2) did these emails contain classified information stored on an unsecured server as well as a perverts laptop

3) was Trump elected to a public office that required FOIA requests and knowingly circumvented the system by setting up a personal email server?

No?

17. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Does he do whatever he wants to do whenever he wants to do it? Yes?
    Would he change character completely upon becoming President? No?

18. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

Obviously, they first have to give Trump a security clearance and classified material if he is to do it right.

19. Technarchy macrumors 604

Technarchy

20. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

Wonder if he can deal with threw trails at the same time.

21. Fancuku macrumors 6502a

Fancuku

Brilliant man way ahead of his time. :D