Novi, MI - Twelve Oaks Mall

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by Personavox, Sep 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Personavox macrumors newbie

Personavox

interested to see if anyone on this forum is going to Novi, MI - Twelve Oaks Mall, and what time.

2. Shadow Runner macrumors regular

I went there for the iphone 4 when it was released and then went to a local att store for the iphone 5 when it was released and found the experience much better at the local att. I arrived to both stores around the same time 4-5am and was like 200 or something substantial like that for the iphone 4 and was first in line for the iphone 5. I will not go to that mall for lines anymore after that experience.
    If you still are going, go really early.

3. p2112 macrumors newbie

I would be interested in 12 O Mall

What experience have you experience either at the mall or ATT store? Especially with inventory. I'm wondering how of the device I want will be in either store, I'm surprised that more people seem to be buying the Plus. I want to get the 128 6 plus grey with ATT service. Would I actually have a shot on the launch date

4. Shadow Runner macrumors regular

The 128GB plus model is in somewhat less demand than 64GB, but grey is most popular color choice by a bit. You would have to get there middle of the night to have a decent chance of being in a good spot in line. At least you would be around other Apple fans for many hours.

5. Personavox thread starter macrumors newbie

Personavox

thinking about carrier store --> at&T leaving verizon; however att online support cannot tell me if pre order to pick up 19th --> local store.. Unless calling store themselves.

im assuming that its first come first serve for att stores.

6. p2112 macrumors newbie

How was 12 Oaks

Interested to find out about the line and inventory when someone has the chance

7. Twinkie macrumors regular

I got there just before 8:00, and the line went past Sears, down the entrance corridor, and back up almost to the cookie store.

By 8:05, there was an employee announcing to the line that they were totally out of Verizon and T-Mobile phones.

Almost nobody left the line.

I've been to every launch at Twelve Oaks, going back to the original iPhone, and the rule of thumb has been that you're in good shape if you're past Sears before the line moves. Since I wanted a 128gb Space Grey Plus, I knew that wasn't going to happen.

I stopped by the AT&T store on Novi Rd. and Grand River, where the line had about 50 people or so at 8:15. Sadly, the line was moving at the speed of AT&T, but by 8:30, an employee was asked about inventory, and said they were totally out of the Plus.

Last visit: Sam's Club on Grand River and Wixom. They claim to have the 6 Plus, but would only sell it on a contract through the sleazeball kiosk vendor. They wouldn't sell me one outright, or on Next. (Thanks for spamming me on their behalf, Sam's Club.)

There was only one customer there at Sam's Club, and she was holding a new iPhone, so there's visual confirmation. But, I'd never, ever do business with the third-party reseller slimeballs there.

I couldn't tell what the situation was over at the Verizon store, but my guess is they're as dry as everywhere else.

8. winterton macrumors newbie

Any word on whether they expect more shipments today/over the weekend? I'm hoping I can get a TMobile 6, either 16 GB or 32 GB from somewhere in the Detroit area.

9. Twinkie macrumors regular

I didn't ask. With the 5S last year, I couldn't find a T-Mobile phone at an Apple Store until well after my preorder showed up.

If you don't mind it being locked to T-Mobile, I'd call around to the corp stores. There's one in 12 Oaks by Lord and Taylor, and one in Northville at Haggerty and 6 Mile.

10. winterton macrumors newbie

I'd prefer to just pay for the phone upfront over financing through TMobile. Guess I'll either have to take my chances with the Apple Store, or just order online. What happens to the folks in line when they sell out? Can you purchase and have a phone reserved in the next shipment?

11. Twinkie macrumors regular

I haven't been a T-Mo customer for a while, but the corporate stores never gave me a hard time when I wanted to buy a phone outright.

If you're in line when it sells out, that's pretty much it, unless you want to buy something different.

12. winterton, Sep 20, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2014

winterton macrumors newbie

You weren't kidding about finding a TMobile phone! All of the Detroit area stores have plenty of AT&T stock in Today, some Verizon, but absolutely no TMobile.

UPDATE: Managed to snag a 32GB 6 for in-store pickup!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.