Now be honest....how many of you are hypocrites in terms on big size phones

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CyberGuy, Oct 18, 2014.

1. CyberGuy macrumors newbie

Somehow I could not find a way to do a poll post so that this post would be easier to be analysed.

Anyway, how many of you in here are ordering the iphone 6 plus despite the fact that you once thought the Galaxy Note was too big?

I find it funny that a lot of my friends who were iphone owners who adamantly think that the Galaxy Note 3 was too big and made fun of it and yet are now either ordering the iphone 6 plus or has an iphone 6 plus contained a case which make the iphone 6 plus even bigger.

----------------

Then there is also the issue of making fun of plastic phones such as the Note 3 then ignore the fact that a lot of those who make fun actually use a plastic case to cover the iphone. This is also funny but I don't think that it is as big as the topic of large phone size.

By the way, how can I edit the title of this post since I have some spelling and grammar error?

2. MushroomJesus macrumors regular

Not really a hypocrite, I just never got into plastic phones, and the Android OS.

3. DoNoHarm macrumors 65816

DoNoHarm

I tried out the plus as a phone and iPad mini replacement, but it's just too big for a phone and too small to be an iPad. I just called apple, set up a return, and bought an iPhone 4s off eBay for 179. I think I may use the $670 I saved towards a new iMac or something...

4. Sweeperdk macrumors regular

Sweeperdk

I had the Galaxy Note 3... Now I have the 6 plus.

So... that says it all on my end, I guess.

5. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

I always thought 4.8 is the limit for a phone and I got the 6. I still think the 6+ is ridiculously big along with every other phone in that category.

6. kalebnate macrumors 6502

Always loved big phones .. I had one of the first big sized phones with the HTC with Windows, while my friends had the iPhone 4. Everyone was making fun of how big the screen is in terms of size, and saying that it's a TV rather than a phone. Now almost everyone has big phones, and the 6+ screen is perfect. It's all down to preference.

7. penajmz macrumors 68030

penajmz

I for one wanted a bigger screen phone for a WHILE but refused to do Android.

8. Batman89 macrumors 6502

You won't find any self-admitted hypocrites on MacRumors. The forum hated the iPod, the iPhone 4 design, and the size of the Note, but no, now, they are all loved. Just about the only consistency on MR is the hypocrisy.

Personally, I thought the Note was too big and still do. The Plus is too tall and does nothing to take advantage of the bigger screen, which the Note does very well, I must admit. It isn't just a Galaxy S5+, it's a genuine phablet.

That said, I think a 5 inch iPhone would be the sweet spot.

9. Surf Monkey macrumors 68020

Surf Monkey

Not a hypocrite. I've been complaining that the iPhone was WAY too small for iOS since the original iPhone came out. Just try and compose an email in landscape mode on it. The keyboard takes up most of the screen. I was hugely disappointed by the 5 series phones because I felt that Apple copped out by only increasing the height of the device. The 6 Plus is finally the size I've been wanting to run an iOS phone on for years. You're going to have to look elsewhere for hypocrites.

10. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

I've always disliked larger phones and felt the regular iPhone 6 was a little too big. I bought it however and have adapted. Am I a hypocrite? No of course not, I don't really have to justify a personal preference to anybody. I couldn't justify another jump in size.

11. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

I've actually always thought the 5/5s looked a bit on the skinny side. The iPhone 6 is much better proportioned.

Unlike some here, I don't put people down for wanting or liking the 6+ even though it's not for me.

12. maclove4life macrumors regular

#don't judge

13. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I always said that the HTC One would be the max size I would want. However, I'm seriously contemplating either the Note 4 or the 6+ for my next phone.

14. RCRod83 macrumors regular

RCRod83

I think Apple should have gone with a 5" iPhone 6, and 5.5" iPhone 6+.

15. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

me. I thought the galaxy note was absolutely ridiculous....it looked ridiculous when people would talk on it just looked way too big. I ordered a 6+ at launch haha. The more I thought about it I use my phone for everything under the sun and talk on it less than everything else....so I figured the bigger screen size would benefit me 95% of the time when I'm doing everything else besides talking on it....and so far I was right.....but I still hate samsung haha

16. Charadis macrumors 6502a

I thought my first iPhone, the 3G, was a large phone. I've since adjusted, and the screen seems so small now that I look back. Perspectives have a way of changing in time.

First time I saw the Galaxy Note, I thought it was a ridiculously huge phone. Same as the Galaxy S 4 and 5, but not as much as the Note. I chuckled a little inside when I saw a speaker last year pull one from his pocket.

I'm amazed that the adoption of the 6 and 6 plus have been very well received. By many. I'm sure my perspective will change again in time. Sent from my iPad.

17. Tthomas612 macrumors 65816

Tthomas612

Personally I'm glad they DID NOT. I really believe 4.7" is the perfect size for me. This is why I ended up getting the iPhone 6 instead of the 6+ when I had the option on launch day. Of course the difference between 5.5" and 5.0" is not as big as the difference between 4.7" and 4.0", but with the iPhone 6 I had absolutely no issues adapting from my 5s...

Of course I guess it's possible I could be saying these same things had Apple made the 6 5" instead of 4.7", hut for now I will say that I absolutely love the screen size of the iPhone 6.

----------

Both of these phones are great phones. Of course when looking at the specs the note 4 blows the 6+ up, but has there been any benchmark comparisons between the 2 yet.

As we know history shows us that Apple may be outspecced, but they still keep up with speed, graphics, etc...

18. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

I don't have an issue with larger phones. I have an issue with larger phones that aren't iPhones.

19. Surf Monkey macrumors 68020

Surf Monkey

We're talking about such small differences in size that it becomes very arbitrary. One of the primary human traits is adaptability. We've adapted to live in every available environment (including a complete lack of environment in space) so adapting to a slightly larger or smaller palmtop computer is child's play. All of our lizard brains have been evolving to this exact purpose for millions of years.

So, ultimately it's all about extremely subjective factors. All else being equal unless you happen to have hands that are on the far end of the averages, either very large or very small, you can adapt to any of the available phone sizes from any of the manufacturers out there. It just depends on whether you want to or not, which is an entirely different matter.

20. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

<-------- Hypocrite here lol

Love my 5.5" iphone.

21. sjperformance macrumors 6502

Call me what you want. I never thought I would like a big phone. Nor did I like the feel and looks of a galaxy note. Well when the 6 came out I had it since launch. A week later I returned it and got the 6+. I love my big iphone. It's a keeper.

22. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

Same here

23. neile45 macrumors regular

I had the 4s, loved it, but it was too small, so I switched to other phones, until recently had the Note 3, but now am loving my 6 plus!

24. stasha macrumors 6502

I love my 6 plus and i still love to make fun of other big flat screen tv phone, so what? You have no problem with that i hope, im sure it doesnt prevent you to sleep at all

25. mightyjabba macrumors 65816

mightyjabba

I don't think I ever made fun of large phones personally -- I didn't really have an opinion one way or the other, since up until recently you didn't have the option if you wanted to use iOS. But I don't think changing your mind about something makes you a hypocrite.