NOW FOR SALE: 12" Pristine 1.33ghz powerbook Price Dropped to $600 shipped

peapody

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 7, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Hey guys,

This thing is now for sale. I still would prefer a trade for a 15" powerbook.
I would prefer a CONUS trade, since I have had international shipping woes. Would like a 15" powerbook with comparable specs and later revision. At least 1.5ghz and if in equally pristine condition I don't mind about memory or hdd. Other than that, this one will go for $600 shipped CONUS via UPS ground shipping with tracking.

Also looking for Macbook Pro, Ipod 32gb - check last post.

1.33ghz Powerbook 12" Alu
1.25gb ram
120gb HDD
combo drive
leopard
will come with booq case
no wear, maybe 1 or 2 light scratches
new battery replaced by apple - maybe 4 or 5 cycles on it. lasts around 3-4 hours.
wireless included, no dead pixels, trackpad protected by sticker, KB like new.

Pics:

This pic shows the scratches. As you can see...overall pristine.

PM me what you got!

peapody

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 7, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Sure, if I get the right offer. Would prefer a trade though. I have references on ebay and head-fi if you guys are interested.

chuckles:)

macrumors 6502
May 3, 2006
CANADA
I'd be willing to pay 5-600 for it, plus shipping to canada.

Don't have anything to trade though, unless you want an iMac...

And i'm in the online retail business, so I know all about international shipping, and will make sure everything goes smoothly.

peapody

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 7, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Hey Orange,

Thanks for the offer, but I am not much of an xbox person...usually just watch the boyfriend play. Good luck with the search!

Got some interest, but nothing concrete yet. I am pretty open as long as I don't get lowballers. I know what the computer is worth. Take it easy guys. Celtics FTW.

chuckles:)

macrumors 6502
May 3, 2006
CANADA
Its a G5, the last revision before the intel changeover, with an eyesight and remote (the remote sticks to the side with a magnet, it's really cool.

HD: 160 GB

Ram: 1.5 GB

Screen: 17''

1.9 ghz

DL Superdrive

Leopard- With a ton of great software if you want it.

Perfect condition, still runs really, really fast, i'm just traveling the world next year and need something mobile. Shipping it to the states would cost $50 for 5 day ground, depending on where u are. And i'm somewhat familiar with NAFTA, so if you want either the computer or the cash, customs shouldn't be a problem.

peapody

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 7, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Thanks for all that info Chuckles. While the iMac seems tempting, I was hoping to get a 15" powerbook in a straight trade to use as a home desktop to accompany my ultramobile. I think I would still prefer that route. Going to put up a price to speed things along. May even use these funds to get a MBP.

$650 shipped UPS ground shipping anywhere in the CONUS.

peapody

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 7, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Is that a dent by the power port, or just an illusion in your pic?
I am looking at the machine, and it appears to be a somewhat flattened corner. I wouldn't call it a dent - not really noticeable and very tiny. Thanks for pointing it out, I didn't even notice it.

Dr Slips

macrumors newbie
Dec 28, 2007
PowerBook

Hi,
Do you known what is the maximum of RAM that wen can put in it?

is it 1.25Ghz

peapody

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 7, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Still available! And I am dropping the price! $600 shipped!

So these are the things I am looking for if you guys have stuff to trade:

Low end Macbook Pro (I'll add up to $400 cash)
Powerbook 15" 1.5-1.67 ghz (Equal/I'll pay for your shipping)
Ipod Touch 32gb MINTY (You add $300)

mknapper1

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2008
I am new to the mac scene and I was just wondering if this is intel based... If so would you trade for an HP 19" widescreen dv90000 laptop 160gb hd 1gb ram... I realize I am new so I would be willing to ship first

peapody

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 7, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Not intel based. This is one of the wonderful rarities from apple...the 12" line has always been very loved...I would keep it but I just got a thinkpad x61 for school...no sense in having two 12" portables.

Anyway, thanks for the offer. But 19" whoa. That is huge. I am looking for just 15" powerbooks/MBPs to keep leopard/osx in my life.

Now that I think about it, it really is unfortunate, no one is jumping! This machine is sweet!

peapody

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 7, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Sale pending...

PM me if you are interested in more details! There is more info about this machine if you are interested!