Now I feel really bad with my original 13 inch unibody macbook..

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by rugox, Jun 8, 2009.

1. rugox macrumors regular

"MacBooks get faster processors, new screens, a better battery, a SD slot, firewire 800, backlight keyboards on all models, and the base model drops $100."

Damn you Apple. And this is not even a year past the release of the aluminum macbooks.

2. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

dont feel bad dude, its the way it goes.. battery u can replace.

3. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

You would prefer them to hold back on innovation just so yours could be the "best" for longer? What about those who constantly complain about the specs of the Mac not being up to those of the PC?

Technology changes... fast, and what you buy today is out of date tomorrow. Your machine does everything it did before WWDC. Only your ego is bruised.

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

4. molala macrumors 6502a

It's been 7 1/2 months. If you go to the buyer's guide, you'd realize that's longer than the update cycle. I hope you enjoyed your MacBook all this time anyway. Btw, this is why I never buy Rev. A mac laptops.

5. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Yep. Rev A is never a good idea.

6. 1ofthedavids macrumors regular

I was just wondering, are there any options for someone who recently bought a MacBook (within 3 months) to exchange it for a newer one (that's $100 cheaper now)? I have the 2.0GHz model Unibody that I purchased from Best Buy back at the end of March, and I've read different stories about users who had older models that took their hardware in to an Apple store (due to an issue that would've prompted an exchange, and other stories along that line), where Apple has given them a newer model (if available) that's of equal or similar value. So I'm wondering if this is at all possible.... any input would be greatly appreciated!

7. harry20larry macrumors 6502a

harry20larry

i'm sharing your pain mate, but ultimately I do not own a device that uses a firewire, my dslr's memory card is dar too big for that slot, a better display would be nice but my one is near perfect atm.
    I would have loved the boost and the rebranding however think of yourself in an exclusive club, the only people to ever own a unibody macbook, ever

8. 12991 macrumors member

I don't think so. It has to be within the return period. I bought my macbook 10 days ago and will likely return it for the new one. I will have to pay the 10% restocking fee, but oh well. It is 100 dollars cheaper

9. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

I dunno... I've had a couple of Rev A products fail so catastrophically so frequently that they were replaced by Apple for Rev B and C versions. ;)

10. 1ofthedavids macrumors regular

I'm not one of those "OMG I HAVE to have the new one!!!!!!" type of guys, I had a feeling when I bought mine, they'd be releasing a new one within the year anyways, and I'm happy with mine. I would like the speed bump, and definitely the backlit keys and longer batter, but overall, I'm not that upset about it. The $100 price drop is rather annoying, but it comes with the territory.

I've just heard stories of people going in to Apple and Apple giving them a newer model, wasn't sure if anyone could speak from experience. I've only had this thing 3 months, but I understand that Apple won't bend over backwards to get me a newer model! :)

11. rKunda macrumors 65816

rKunda

These threads are so disappointing. I have an original UMB and it will work just as well tomorrow as it did yesterday—so will anyone else's.

these threads basically are people complaining that other people will have better computers. "I'm only happy as long as I'm ahead of everyone else!"

12. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

They complain if Apple doesn't upgrade.
    They complain if Apple does upgrade.
    :rolleyes:

13. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

This is not a REV A issue, rather apple decided to update the line, probably because of the complaints about FW. Personally I have no issues with apple updating the line. While less radical, the MBP got some updates that I would like in my MBP meets my needs and I'm content with it.

14. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Ha! Well, that is an interesting strategy. ;)

Sure it is. Apple likes to see what they can get away with with rev A's.

15. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Technology, buy today, tomorrow its obsolete. I've learned to deal with this.

16. ahjjones Guest

Everyone just needs to appreciate what they have and stop acting like two year old children. Technology improves and it does so very rapidly. You didn't think your MacBook would be state of the art forever did you?

17. bartelby macrumors Core

There's no place in this thread for reasonable posts. We want outrage and injustice...

;)
    Thx

18. Narco220 macrumors regular

I'm feeling your pain too :mad: I have a 2 month old 2.4 alu macbook oh if only i'd waited lol

looks like its ebay for this outdated mac

19. Shivetya macrumors 65816

No discreet video on 13s?

Oh well, I would give up my 15 in a heart beat for a 13 with 9600gt

20. Nager macrumors newbie

This guys just made my day!!! I've been waiting patiently for well over a month now and it has paid off! I just wish there was a apple store where I live so I can go and pick this baby up. Can't wait for them to update the website..

21. harry20larry macrumors 6502a

harry20larry

remember people, I can sell my old macbook on ebay for about £800 as it is like new, this would be easily enough to buy a new one.
    I won't though, my macbook is fine as it is :)

22. Burnsey macrumors 6502a

Forget all that crap! It has a non-userreplacable battery. That is a major DOWNGRADE. You should be happy.

And those of you who are rushing to put your few month old MBs on ebay, what's the point? Constantly upgrading and trying to keep up will only leave you poor and tired. I'm still working my almost 3 year old MBP, I expect to use it for 3 more years.

Your machines are fine, keep them and use them for a few years.

23. acurafan macrumors 6502a

damn, they didn't even upgrade the screen resolution on the 13.3 uBMP - that sucks.

btw, it's about damn time they added the firewire and SD slot, i want the SD slot more then anything else. i will have to upgrade my whitebook when SL comes out.

$29 SL upgrade!!! i love you apple!! :D

24. harry20larry macrumors 6502a

harry20larry

Guys, face it, my original intel imac will absolutely roar with snow leopard, so any hardware that is under a year old will scream through stuff, especially if the have a graphics chip

25. 1ofthedavids macrumors regular

I agree, which is why I'm not too torn up about it. Sure, it's nice to have the SD card reader and FireWire if you'll use them, and a faster proc is always nicer, but like you said, Snow Leopard is going to speed up a LOT. I'm not all that worried about it, as I said, I'm still happy with my MacBook and won't complain. Plus, $29 for upgrade from Leopard, count me in :)