Now iPhone 4s and in two years iPhone 5s or now iPhone 5s for four years?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by curiosity, Sep 13, 2013.

1. curiosity macrumors regular

I'm not sure what the better deal is:

1) Now iPhone 4s for $449, then in two years iPhone 5s for $449

2) Now iPhone 5s for $780 for four years

Maybe you can help me in making the best decision.

That's what you have to pay in Europe for the cheapest iPhone 5s off-contract.

2. user-name-here macrumors 65816

Go with the newer technology (the 5S), especially if going with older technology will cost you more money in the long run.

3. curiosity thread starter macrumors regular

That's the problem. I don't know the reselling values of these devices after they have been used for two years.

4. skeffer66 macrumors newbie

I have used gazelle and hellototem in the past. In my use I've found that both operate with similar turn around time but, hellototem seems to pay a little better.

5. Altis macrumors 68000

It's cheaper for you to have a 5S for 4 years than a 4S for two and a 5S for two.

So your next for years will be...
    4S - 4S - 5S - 5S Or
    5S - 5S - 5S - 5S

Either way you end up with a 5S, but in case 2 you get to use the 5S for two whole additional years. You probably won't get much for a 4S in two years for resale.

I'd get the 5S, or the 5 if you can.

6. user-name-here macrumors 65816

Thanks for the nice list. Make sure though to look at reviews of the above companies. I remember one of the above (who I'll keep silent about) offered me more than anyone but when I saw the reviews of them scamming customers I said hell no!

7. malnar macrumors 6502a

malnar

Why would you NOT tell people who it is that is accused of scamming people when so many right now are looking to use these services to sell off their iPhones?

8. inboxer macrumors regular

Very good list. The only sites on this list I would ever recommend are Gazelle, Amazon, Apple, BuyBackWorld, and maybe Nextworth. Some of those companies you listed are scams (celltradein / orangeoffer are the same scammers).