Now its a disadvantage been on a 12 month contract

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Coxey70, Sep 22, 2012.

1. Coxey70 macrumors newbie

Hi Guys,

So here I am nearly at the end of my contract my current phone is the 4S which is like new I'm wanting to upgrade but to be honest nothings taken my fancy. My son got an iPhone 5 yesterday its a lovely phone but I'm sure you're all aware this thing will scratch so easy my son's as already just putting it in his pocket it makes me think do Apple actually field test anything maybe they thought that scratching the phone wouldn't bother people? But its a big issue for me I don't want it in a case why would I put the "thinnest smartphone in the world" in a case thats one of the reasons for buying it. But what else is there? Samsung S3? I've never had an Android phone I suppose having another 12 contract means I'd only have it a short time anyway. I don't know if I want to risk it though feel a bit fed up really just wish the iPhone 5 was more robust.

2. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

Are you keeping the 4S?

If you are then I'd recommend to try an Android and have the best of both worlds. 4S is still a very capable phone.

3. lepeos macrumors member

Why not just keep using the 4S if you're happy with it?

4. Coxey70 thread starter macrumors newbie

I know keeping it is an option but you know what its like when you're out of contract you want a new phone. I might leave it a month to see how the iPhone 5 bares up.

5. v7da1 macrumors member

it would be cheaper to sell 4s (Whilst its only 1 year old) and go on another contract then to sell it next year for 5S?

6. Coxey70 thread starter macrumors newbie

Just back from the phone shop I can confirm I'm not buying a Samsung S3 after looking at the iPhone 5 nothing comes close to it I can't upgrade until next month so hopefully some cases will be out by then that I like Element cases are making the Sector looks expensive at the minute though.

7. mlw4411 macrumors member

If you like the new phone why don't you just get a total body skin? I never use a case and have used Best Skins Ever for all my phones, iPads, and even my laptop. Never had a scratch on any of them (of course it won't protect from drops) and have sold them for the premium mint resell price each year.

8. Dstopsie macrumors 6502a

Are you sure you can upgrade next month? AT&t did away with the 12 month upgrades lasy year and it's now 18 months and you have a 4s. Aren't you still under contract? If you have AT&T dial *639# to check your date.

9. protobiont macrumors 6502a

Punctuation is your friend.

10. BiggAW macrumors 68020

I'm keeping the 4S. If I had to buy a new phone today, probably the S3, but it's hard to say.

11. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Interesting... I thought 12 month contracts went away a long time ago.