Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sevenseconds

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 18, 2013
Series 4, 40mm. watchOS 5.01.

After I pause audio on iPhone or get out of the car (which pauses the audio), Now Playing notification stays on Watch. Will not go away unless I force quit Now Playing on Watch, which I don’t want to do. Anyone else seeing this?

Super annoying as a heavy music/podcast listener.

Reactions: DocMultimedia

Kavier

macrumors 6502a
Feb 1, 2010
Raleigh, NC
Had this issue too. You have to physically stop the music on the watch, not let it pause another way to make the notification work correctly. Once i began doing this, it fixed the issue for me.

Reactions: Akrapovic

sevenseconds

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 18, 2013
Had this issue too. You have to physically stop the music on the watch, not let it pause another way to make the notification work correctly. Once i began doing this, it fixed the issue for me.

Thanks for the tip. Ugh I drive a lot and doing this every time I get out of my car is beyond tedious. Will try it out thanks. Anyone know if this has this been fixed in 5.1?

sevenseconds

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 18, 2013
I'm also realizing that the stuck Now Playing notification, when tapped on, often shows the Music app in the Watch, not what my iPhone is currently playing. Is this the same behavior everyone else sees?

DocMultimedia

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2012
Charlottesville, VA
This issue is really annoying. With my AW2 I would be playing music to my wireless headphones during a run. When I powered off my headphones the playing stopped, and I never saw the red equalizer looking icon at the top of my AW. Now I see that unless I stop the music before I finish my run, or go to the music app and stop it. Never had to do that before. Does my watch really think it is playing to something when everything is shut off?

I've had to restart my watch in several instances to make the icon go away. Frustrating. Really hoping this gets fixed in next update. This one bothers me enough that I might even gripe to Apple.

Reactions: sevenseconds

WhiteHawk

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2008
I had that issue straight away, and other issues, HomePod not responding message in the Home app on the watch is one, Watch OS 5 is buggy.

Reactions: sevenseconds

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
actually worked perfectly fine up until yesterday. got out of my car, no playing notification stayed on the watch face all day out of nowhere. wasn't doing this over the past month at all. made no changes to my routine or listening habits in the car.

WhiteHawk

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2008
This issue is really annoying. With my AW2 I would be playing music to my wireless headphones during a run. When I powered off my headphones the playing stopped, and I never saw the red equalizer looking icon at the top of my AW. Now I see that unless I stop the music before I finish my run, or go to the music app and stop it. Never had to do that before. Does my watch really think it is playing to something when everything is shut off?

I've had to restart my watch in several instances to make the icon go away. Frustrating. Really hoping this gets fixed in next update. This one bothers me enough that I might even gripe to Apple.

The other way I discovered is to force quit the music App.

For the record, this appears to be fixed with WatchOS 5.1.

Good to hear, hope it is for me, just waiting on Apple releasing it, again.:rolleyes:

Reactions: DocMultimedia
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.