"Now Playing" on music app mystery

Discussion in 'iOS 11' started by heycal, May 31, 2018.

1. heycal macrumors 6502a

At times and for reasons I don't understand, when I'm in the music app a screen pops up saying "Now Playing. You can swipe up to access repeat, shuffle, and up next". Swiping seems to do nothing, and I can't get it off the screen by any methods I know of. It basically paralyizes the phone. I often end up closing the app and starting over just to escape it.

What is the darn thing, and more importantly, is there any way I can configure the phone to never see it again? I first noticed it appearing with my iphone 6 in some months ago, and it's happening with my new iphone 8 as well.

nowplaying.PNG

2. ZEEN0j macrumors 65816

ZEEN0j

Have you ever done what it says when you have the now playing card open? I'm just guessing but maybe you have to scroll down for it to stop. If you have then it might be a bug.

3. heycal thread starter macrumors 6502a

I've tried doing what it says, but nothing happens. Seems impossible to make it do anything, or get it off the screen.

4. Apple blogger macrumors 6502a

That should come only the first time you open the app... does it occur everytime you open the music app?

5. heycal thread starter macrumors 6502a

Not every single time, but more often that not I would say.