NOW SHIPPED! Best Buy MBr Online Order - Preparing for Shipment, Anyone Else?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by amitdoc2b, Apr 13, 2015.

1. amitdoc2b, Apr 13, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2015

amitdoc2b macrumors 6502a

I ordered a Gold 512/1.2 Ghz MBr on both Apple and Best Buy's website as soon as they went on sale last Friday morning. I prefer to get it from Best Buy because I can put 12-month no interest financing on it, even though the Apple order was $80 cheaper (no $30 expedited shipping cost + Apple had online $50 student discount). If the Best Buy one ships by the time my Apple one arrives on Wednesday, I will wait for it and keep that one and return Apple's without opening.. Otherwise I will return the Best Buy one or cancel the order prior to shipment. Too bad I didn't have the mover's packet or edu promo code, but didn't want to wait and risk the chance of it arriving weeks later. Does anyone else who purchased from Best Buy have a "preparing order" for shipment status?

Update: My gold MacBook has now shipped from Best Buy, got a tracking number!

2. jonfarr macrumors 6502a

jonfarr

Keep on checking that order status, soon you will see that its backordered. Then it will switch back to "preparing order" then back to "backordered" then back to preparing and so on. It is not preparing to ship and I have a sinking feeling we won't see these for a while.

3. otis123 macrumors 6502a

Argh! you got my hopes up that they were shipping. I'm in the same boat with a 512gb space grey. I have a feeling we should see they ship this week, I can't see why they wouldn't because they are popping up in BB stores. I tried ordering with apple, but they couldn't get it together and authorize my card for some reason. BB took my money no problem, I must not be fancy enough to shop with apple these days. :/ I'm taking a "you'll get it when you get it" approach with this one, I've waited long enough and I'm too old to hunt one down and obsess over it.

4. amitdoc2b thread starter macrumors 6502a

How long does it take to change back to backordered from preparing order for shipment? It has stayed the same for the past 3 hours.

5. Freakyshiat macrumors regular

I have one on order at BB.com also as I wanted to use the mover's coupon. Mine goes back and forth also from 'backordered' to 'preparing to ship'. BB system automatically tries to fulfill the order from stores/inventory, and then goes to backorder when it can't find inventory, then retries again.

6. jonfarr macrumors 6502a

jonfarr

It changes all the time for me. Some times its in preparing for most of the day and then its back to backordered for like an hour. Its really annoying. Some have said its a way for them to hold the charge on your card while they wait to get them in stock to ship.

7. amitdoc2b thread starter macrumors 6502a

The other problem with this is that when it's "preparing to ship" it doesn't let me cancel the order like you can when "backordered". However, it has not yet returned back to backorder even once so I am crossing my fingers they really are preparing to ship.

8. jonfarr macrumors 6502a

jonfarr

Check again, it doesn't say "preparing to ship" it just says "preparing order". If yours does actually say preparing to ship then maybe you are lucky. Post a screen shot if so.

9. amitdoc2b thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sorry that was a typo, I meant "preparing order" for shipment. I wrote it correctly in my first few posts but typed it incorrectly in the last one. Still says the same thing hasn't changed back yet.

10. jonfarr macrumors 6502a

jonfarr

Since you post started mine had been saying preparing then went to back order and is already back to preparing...

11. amitdoc2b thread starter macrumors 6502a

I've been checking every half an hour and it never changed back to backorder even once.. :-/

12. jonfarr macrumors 6502a

jonfarr

mine is currently back to "backordered" no joke.

13. amitdoc2b thread starter macrumors 6502a

Mine is still "Preparing Order" at this very moment.. aghhhh...

14. amitdoc2b thread starter macrumors 6502a

I got an e-mail saying it has shipped with a tracking number!

15. msb3079 macrumors 6502a

msb3079

Actually, if you hover over the "preparing order" icon, it does say it's preparing to ship. I'd take a screenshot, but mine is back to backordered. It's changed a few times today.

Also, they told me that the back and forth change is because the system is looking to fulfill the order, then it stops, then it tries again. Nothing to do with a credit card hold.

16. msb3079 macrumors 6502a

msb3079

And that quickly, it's back to "preparing order", which also says "preparing to ship"...

Attached Files:

17. msb3079 macrumors 6502a

msb3079

Sorry, "getting your item ready to ship"... which is essentially the same thing as "preparing to ship".

18. amitdoc2b thread starter macrumors 6502a

Mine has now shipped. Photo attached.

Attached Files:

19. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

nice. Was it ever in backordered status?

20. amitdoc2b thread starter macrumors 6502a

My e-mail confirmation is marked Friday 4/10 at 5:16 AM EST. It was in backordered status when I placed the order... and I did not check the status again till Monday, since then it had always said "preparing order" for shipping. I paid for expedited shipping, not sure if it made a difference.

21. msb3079 macrumors 6502a

msb3079

I'm assuming you paid for faster shipping? I wonder if that just affects the shipping service itself, or when they actually ship. When did you place your order?

----------

Never mind - you answered my questions already!

22. amitdoc2b thread starter macrumors 6502a

Haha I think we were posting at the same time, I shared that just above.

23. msb3079 macrumors 6502a

msb3079

Yep - thanks - enjoy!

24. jonfarr macrumors 6502a

jonfarr

25. amitdoc2b thread starter macrumors 6502a

Did any of you order before me? I'm just trying to see if express shipping played any role in this for my future launch purchases! :p

PS - Earlier I had said expedited shipping, but what I meant is I paid for express shipping.