Now that 4G is on iPad, can we count on iPhone having it?

Collin789

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 29, 2011
Raleigh, NC
Obviously we'll eventually have it, but what about in the next iPhone?

The only reason that I can think of is that the battery may not be suitable to last long enough.
Besides the battery, I think this at least tells us that Apple is willing to use 4G now. Some were saying the coverage wasn't large enough and that might have been why Apple was waiting. I think that can be cancelled out now...

Any thoughts?

Ayemerica

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2011
Atlantis but in space

The only reason that I can think of is that the battery may not be suitable to last long enough.
Besides the battery, I think this at least tells us that Apple is willing to use 4G now. Some were saying the coverage wasn't large enough and that might have been why Apple was waiting. I think that can be cancelled out now...

Any thoughts?
I 100% think new iPhone will have 4G.

jarron

macrumors newbie
Aug 27, 2011

Any thoughts?

bmwhd

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2008
OK. All you LTE scoffers that gave me such hell when I called it on the iPad last November, step forward to explain why it can't be in the next iPhone :D

Irock619

macrumors 68000
Sep 16, 2011
San Francisco, CA
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B179 Safari/7534.48.3)

"The only reason that I can think of is that the battery may not be suitable to last long enough."

The new iPhone is rumored to be an all new design. I would think Apple would put a larger battery among other features with a new design.

MarsUltor

macrumors member
Feb 2, 2007
What do you mean? I have it now! I'm guessing this is a solar flare related screwy thing with AT&T here in Detroit, but my non-jailbroken (never has been) iPhone 4s has decided to start telling me it has 4G today, lol!
After the iOS update my iPhone 4s started to display the 4G at the top too... i am in southern CT by the way

Jordan921

macrumors 601
Jul 7, 2010
Bay Area
What do you mean? I have it now! I'm guessing this is a solar flare related screwy thing with AT&T here in Detroit, but my non-jailbroken (never has been) iPhone 4s has decided to start telling me it has 4G today, lol!
With iOS 5.1 the 4S on At&t is suppose to show the 4G indicator because At&t thinks HSPA+ is 4G speeds.