Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What would you do?

• Get the new AWS tmobile iPhone and convert to tmobile

Votes: 17 13.7%
  • Unlock my AT&T iPhone and convert to tmobile

Votes: 14 11.3%
  • Wait for the 5S and switch

Votes: 28 22.6%
  • Nothing really, I love turtles

Votes: 65 52.4%

• Total voters

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
I'm not sure I understand the question completely, but I am very happy with my AT&T service, so it has no affect on me whatsoever

Edit: Ah, now there is a poll, so I understand better what you are wanting to know

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 15, 2012
I'm not sure I understand the question completely, but I am very happy with my AT&T service, so it has no affect on me whatsoever

Sorry I was creating a poll, there's a delay lol

----------

I'm debating if I should just wait for the 5S

CEmajr

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Charlotte, NC
An iPhone in Tmobile supporting their AWS bands is what I've been waiting for years for. I have a 5 with Verizon considering paying the ETF and leaving. I miss simultaneous talk and data too. Tmobile has that.

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 15, 2012
An iPhone in Tmobile supporting their AWS bands is what I've been waiting for years for. I have a 5 with Verizon considering paying the ETF and leaving. I miss simultaneous talk and data too. Tmobile has that.

That was my next research... Assuming they're both GSM, tmobile will allow talk n text like the AT&T ip5 right? Did they confirm this?

Tusculum22

macrumors newbie
Mar 14, 2013
California
I bought an unlocked iPhone 5 to use on t-mobile's network a few months ago so I am going to be hating life every time I venture out of the 3G coverage areas here in so. Cal. But hey, there is always free wifi to jump on at work and home.

irDigital0l

Dec 7, 2010
Going to stay with Verizon, been a long time customer which they give out some free perks.

Also T-Mobiles...LTE needs a lot of work.

Michael CM1

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2008
As much as I like the new plans, I looked up coverage where I live. I'm surrounded by 2G with spots of 3G. That means all the fancy-pants crap is worthless to me most of the time. I also wouldn't have any savings for another two years. By then maybe this will have forced Verizon to change its pricing.

As with always, I've got to stick with Verizon for the network quality. But there's no reason the other carriers shouldn't switch to this instead of pocketing the extra money after I complete my two years.

thelookingglass

macrumors 68020
Apr 27, 2005
I know people who took unlocked iPhones and switched to T-Mobile. They're happy for the most part, but some aren't happy that the refarm is taking so long in some places. The fact that T-Mobile is coming out with an iPhone for their own network is terrific. I might switch myself here.

Premium1

macrumors 65816
Jan 26, 2013

That's more on apple's part though since all of their other lte devices can do that simultaneously. and some lte devices can even do it on 3g.

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Mar 29, 2011
I'm on Tmobile, and I can tell you, expect very poor service when you're even remotely inside a building.

Brace yourselves.

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 15, 2012
I'm attracted with the plan pricing and I've had tmobile before and coverage where I live is spot on. The reason why I transferred to AT&T was because of the iPhone and since tmobile is carrying it now I'm seriously considering. Unlimited data is attractive too.

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado

Edit: Ah, now there is a poll, so I understand better what you are wanting to know

But the OP didn't put in any option to stay with at&t. Like you, I am happy with at&t's service. So I voted, I love turtles.

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 15, 2012
But the OP didn't put in any option to stay with at&t. Like you, I am happy with at&t's service. So I voted, I love turtles.

i did, i said "nothing really, i love turtles" lolol. that basically means, it doesn't affect me i'm sticking wid my current plan.

Apparently the vast majority of responders love turtles too :)

bwuahahaha i Lulz'd... yup by a landslide that is.

Wicked1

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2009
New Jersey
I love my AT&T service, it has been solid since I have been on their service with the iPhone 3G, T-Mobile just doesn't have the range of service I need for traveling all over.

I would switch to T-Mobile before ever going back to Verizon though, I can not live without my ability to use Data/Voice at the same time, it works perfectly for my job so I can use WiFi hotspot and be on a conference call at the same time.

Cyclonemac

macrumors newbie
Feb 12, 2013
I'm on Tmobile, and I can tell you, expect very poor service when you're even remotely inside a building.

Brace yourselves.

I have been on TMO for the last seven years and was going to look at switching to get the iPhone. Now I will stay. Great speeds and no in building issues.

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 15, 2012
im tempted to get the tmobile iphone but i think i'll wait til the 5S is released.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.