Now that the iPhone 5s/5c are introduced, what will you do?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thermal, Sep 11, 2013.

?

Now that the iPhone 5s/5c's are introduced, what will you do?

1. Buy the 5s

91 vote(s)
    50.8%
  2. Buy the 5c

12 vote(s)
    6.7%
  3. Wait for iPhone 6

55 vote(s)
    30.7%
  4. Switch to Android/MS/BB

21 vote(s)
    11.7%
  1. thermal macrumors regular

Now that the iPhone 5s and 5c have been officially introduced, what will you do?

I was planning on purchasing a 5s with the erroneous expectation it was starting at 32gb. Now, I'll likely sell my 16gb iPhone 4, buy a 32gb 4s off craigslist, and wait for the iPhone 6.

2. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

My upgrade is up soon but I'm not interested in the current Android phones. Will wait and see what the Nexus 5 has to offer and likely choose between that and the 5s.

3. stormchaser macrumors 6502

stormchaser

4. MJD Dawg macrumors 6502

Junction of the Pacific, Juan de Fuca & NA Plates
    Buying a low cost off-contract android and waiting for the bigger iPhone 6.

5. journeyy macrumors regular

Put my 4S on sale and just bought a used 5 instead of a new 5S. Still debating if that was really necessary though :p

6. Resist macrumors 68030

I wasn't impressed with what I saw. The iPhone 5c was clearly designed for a younger crowd and the iPhone 5s isn't that much of an improvement to upgrade. And do not like the pastel colors and flat icons in iOS 7. It seems Apple is going backwards and losing their edge, but that's just my opinion. If the iPhone 6 isn't vastly improved, then I'm jumping ship.

7. Tikatika macrumors 6502

Tikatika

Happily keep my Galaxy S4 and wait for iPhone 6.

8. Celtic Warrior macrumors regular

Celtic Warrior

I'll wait for 6 or maybe 6S. It depends on phone feature. I'm not going to purchase it, I already have 5.

9. SenorVvangIstMoi macrumors member

SenorVvangIstMoi

My one years old iPhone 5 will definitely last me until iPhone 6

10. Retired Cat macrumors 65816

Keeping my iPhone 5. While I like the fingerprint scanner on the 5S, it's not enough to justify shelling out $649+ and then selling my old phone at a substantial loss.

The other issue is that Apple got rid of Slate, and I'm not sure that I like the gray replacement.

11. yahoodlums macrumors member

iPhone 4 was a good premium product delivered at the right time when the smart phone market was exploding. iPhone 5 seemed outdated and underwhelming on its arrival and the 5c just seems a cynical revamp of the same product.

I'll stick with my Nexus for now.

12. TacticalDesire macrumors 68020

TacticalDesire

Sticking with my current phone and getting the Nexus 5 most likely. Although I'm slightly intrigued by the White 5C but I don't think I want to pay $549 for one.

13. cnotes2019 Suspended

Well I will be buying the 5s 64gb as I've bought every iPhone to date. Call it a ritual if you'd like. Ill also be buying the note 3, nexus 5 (if it lives up to what I want out of a nexus) and the htc one max (unless it only comes to sprint) :)

14. Spacial macrumors 6502

The same thing I planned two months ago.

I'll keep using my BLACK iPhone 5 which I have perfectly setup for my workflow.

I am not a fair weather enthusiast. Outspoken yes, but willing to toss in the towel, no.

Apple's turned into a lumbering beast. Maybe by next year they'll have something befitting of their technical expertise.

15. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I'm debating between upgrading to the 5S or paying the out of warranty replacement fee to get a new 4S. I'm using a 4 that I got to get me by between damaging my 4S and the new iPhone coming out.

16. Spacial macrumors 6502

I too have bought each & every iPhone upon release. Yet thankfully I don't do rituals, instead I evaluate.

Sorry that this time Apple didn't make the cut. Not even close. :D

17. nilzi macrumors regular

I didn't see the surprises on iPhone 5C and 5S, but I believe iPhone 6 will bring us new advanced features, Apple is a creative company. :p

18. cnotes2019 Suspended

Now that the iPhone 5s/5c are introduced, what will you do?

I will be getting it to test out its processor and camera and also because its close to a global lte phone as it comes I believe. :) being able to use it on Verizon tmobile and AT&T along with SIM cards in Europe :) yay for traveling with lte ! Don't you worry. People will find something wrong with the 6 when it's released ;) Jk! Maybe... But regardless ill be buying the 6 too. I buy the best of the year IMHO and the best usually happens at the end of the year :) and so far the iPhone 5s, note 3 are the best :) and hopefully so will the max and nexus 5

Now if the sprint iPhone 5s can be unlocked OMG !!!! :)

19. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

I said "wait until the iPhone 6" but it's more like fulfill my iPhone 5 contract and then reevaluate. Of course in 16 months I could very well be on my own plan instead of my parents' and having to pay for my own phone. Who knows. The 5 is my first iPhone but not my first Apple device. My loyalty may be tested with the haswell MacBook Pro with retina refresh.

20. MattInOz macrumors 68030

MattInOz

One last option for the speedy...
    Buy iPhone5 before they disappear.

My 3 year old iPhone4 is in need of replacement but not sure 5s is worth it given Apples confidence in the US dollar.

21. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

I'm waiting this one out. It will be the first time that I've skipped a generation, but apart from the A7 and the camera, there really isn't enough in there for what I do with my 5 to make it a worthwhile upgrade. If I had a 4S though, I would be pulling the trigger on a 5S.

22. bembol macrumors 65816

bembol

Not switched but buy the LG G2 (and Samsung Note 3 afterwards).

23. edry.hilario macrumors 6502a

Can someone tell me what time specifically the pre order start.

24. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

Where's the "keep what I have" option? Happy with my iPhone 5. (Not necessarily the same as "wait for iPhone 6" because I'm content for now and don't know when that will change.)