Now that the Republicans are back is that a sell signal for the markets?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Hieveryone, Nov 5, 2014.

1. Hieveryone macrumors 68040

Clinton = bull market

Bush = bear market

Obama = bull market

***transition over to Republicans***

I'm just saying, the markets perform better when Democrats are in office.

All that matters really is the economy at the end of the day for a lot people.

Obama has a done a decent job with bringing back the economy given where Bush left us.

So what does a transition over to R mean for all of us in terms of the economy?

Thoughts, opinions, comments...

2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

I would expect the markets will go up as government should hopefully be less dysfunctional - it certainly won't be worse.

3. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

The end of QE will have an effect on the market but I'm guessing they'll blame the GOP for that too.

4. aerok macrumors 65816

aerok

So much anger and hate towards the left and the Democrats

5. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Unlike all of the love and admiration directed towards the GOP.:rolleyes:

6. aerok macrumors 65816

aerok

I don't have admiration to both parties. None of them share most of my political opinions.

You won't see me posting love letters to the Republicans but you won't see me doing the same to the Democrats.

7. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Might as well, the GOP ran on the message that they would save the economy and create jobs, so I expect them to whip out the economy glue and start fixing stuff.

8. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

They'll probably just cheap out and try to use Elmer's.

9. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Knowing the GOP, they'll slap some stickers and a few pieces of duct tape and argue that liberals lost the missing pieces.

10. vrDrew macrumors 65816

Republicans have certainly been sniffing that glue for long enough....

11. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

Wow, a stream of republican hatred. Not surprising. One thing to keep in mind, the American voters put them in office. That's right, the voters decided that they decided to toss out a few of your guys and put in the republicans. Hopefully, the democrats get the message.

12. aerok macrumors 65816

aerok

Why do you always have to make it a us vs them?

13. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

Let's see, the name of the thread is, "Now that Republicans are back is that a sell signal for the markets?" The three previous posts to mine all slam republicans but YOU think that I'm the one that made it an us vs them? Really? Are you that drunk on the democrat Kool Aid that you didn't see those three posts? You didn't read the title of the thread? After reviewing the three quoted messages, you think mine was an us vs them?

14. vrDrew macrumors 65816

Look at this graphic on voting rates by age:

[​IMG]

Not only was this probably the lowest turnout election since 1942, but it was one that was overwhelmingly decided by older (60 plus) voters - and at the expense of younger ones.

Thats sad. It really is. Because it represents, to me, a rejection of the future and an embrace of the past.

Yeah: We live in a society where the only votes that count are the ones that get cast. Shame, shame, shame, shame on all those young people who were too busy doing I-don't-know-what yesterday.

Your stinky old white neighbors just Effed up your future for you.

15. SLC Flyfishing Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

Wait, did Obama leave office or become a Republican?

16. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

This is a fair point. A Blue still occupies the White House...

And I have to admit, looking back at the past 15 - 20 years, the stock market has been at its peak when a Blue was in office. So if history serves us right, a Blue just may once again leave office with a surplus, and hopefully another Red won't come into office and blow it away.

BL.

17. Populism macrumors regular

Populism

When voters put in office a party for whom an internet forum generally disfavors, the result is:

"it's cyclical" (the go-to card)
    "no surprise here, because..." (my personal favorite ego-booster, conversation-stopper)
    "another indication that Americans are idiots" (apparently acceptable)
    "another indication that voters are not educated" (another, apparently acceptable)
    "BUT THAT PARTY DID IT TOOOOOO" (the best antidote to difficulty sleeping)

18. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

So it's only "voter fraud" when Republicans lose right?

**** Republicans. They run on a platform of hate and discrimination. They shut down the government when they don't get their way.

19. Dmunjal macrumors 65816

Why doesn't Clinton get blamed for the Nasdaq crash that happened months after he left office? By that criteria, he was also in a bear market. Also, Obama's term isn't over yet.

This whole premise is fallacious. The president has little power over the stock market. The Fed is what makes the stock market go up (and down). When the Fed is in easing mode, the market goes up. When it is in tightening mode, it goes down. Has been the case for decades.

The Fed has just completed a 6 year easing cycle and is pledging to tighten mid next year.

20. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

Right, the democrats can't get the turn out UNLESS they put a rock star at the top of the ticket to draw them out. It's pretty clear. 2010, 2014...

Really? Where did that come from?

21. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

The first election I could actually vote in was 1992. I had never heard of William Jefferson Clinton until then. He sure as hell wasn't a 'rock star', yet he occupied the White House for 8 years. By that reckoning, Barack Obama was less known than Clinton, yet he's in the White House for 8 years.

Your statement here is as just as putrid as your dismay of Democrats.

BL.

22. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

Oh please, Bill played the sax and all the women said he had "nice hair." Both Bill Clinton and Barack Obama are very charismatic. Face it, democrats don't come out in midterms.

23. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

I play sax. I've played tenor sax since 1989. So by that nature, I should be a rock star. I'll run for POTUS in 2016. look for me. :rolleyes:

BTW: I voted in the midterms. So consider yourself proven wrong.

BL.

24. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

Do you have "nice hair?"

25. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    It's a well known fact that people who vote democrat has impeccably styled hair. It's inversely proportional to the amount of republicans who have permanent bed-head.