Now that we have seen FaceTime hd, do you think it will make its way to the iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by henrikrox, Mar 1, 2011.

1. henrikrox macrumors 65816

henrikrox

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; nb-no) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I got to thinking.

So you guys think apple will cut the rear camera. I mean who wants to take pictures with a tablet, an just use a front facing camera.

And that the front facing camera is the same quality as the new mbps

2. UnseenLlama macrumors 6502a

UnseenLlama

Not so much about taking pictures with the back of the camera, but it gives developers the option to create some cool augmented reality apps, like you see on the iPhone.

3. sportsfrk214 macrumors 6502a

I actually think this is a very good point, and now that you mention it I'd actually be surprised if FaceTime HD didn't make it's way to the iPad. It makes total sense. The iPad is a larger device, more similar to a Macbook than an iPhone, so I'm sure they'd have absolutely no problem fitting an HD FaceTime camera in there. It would sure lend itself well to the larger screen real estate.

Also, we've seen strong evidence that a PhotoBooth application will come with the new iPad. Photobooth is used primarily for taking self-portraits and it would seem almost silly to use the rather low quality front-camera of the iPhone to take these photos on an iPad.

I actually fully expect the iPad to have the HD FaceTime camera in the front. The only thing I disagree with the OP on is that I do think it will also have a rear camera.