Now We Know Why Trump Wants to Gut Dodd-Frank

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by rdowns, Jun 5, 2016.

1. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Donald Trump is having a really bad week. How is a guy in debt up to his ears going to fix our economy?

http://billmoyers.com/story/trump-conflict-interest-problem-no-white-house-candidate-ever/

2. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

But it is all good debt is an American lifestyle go trump.

3. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Trump seems utterly unsuitable to be president.

4. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

5. Mr. Buzzcut macrumors 65816

Mr. Buzzcut

I don't think anyone who doesn't get their "news" from TMZ or The Daily Mail actually wants him to be president.

6. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

He's likely to get at least 40% of the vote. Most Republicans will vote for him.

7. Mr. Buzzcut macrumors 65816

Mr. Buzzcut

Done deal as far as I'm concerned. If only I had the power to make it happen. I'm not sure why thread after thread is started to harp on one candidate or the other. None of them have any new info or anything interesting to discuss. The purpose is clear from the start.
    --- Post Merged, Jun 5, 2016 ---
    This is the cynical nature of our electoral process. Too many people are simply voting against the person the don't want. It's sad, and in that regard perhaps Trump can be seen as a political colon cleanse. The parties really need to get their crap together and stop rolling turds downhill at us. We may be the unwashed masses but still don't appreciate such insults.

8. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

The Financial Services Modernization Act of 1999, repealing the Glass-Steagall Act, passing Dodd-Frank and signing the Commodity Futures Modernization Act of 2000 into law are the four greatest Hillary Clinton/Democratic Party contributions to the safety and stability of the American economy. The American middle class should be forever in their debt.

/s

9. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

also called the "Gramm–Leach–Bliley Act", so named for the 3 republicans who sponsored the bill. It passed with bipartisan support..........so if you're going to be honest about it, you should give the republicans their fair share of the blame

10. aaronvan, Jun 5, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2016

aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

We already know the GOP is the party of big business. Who signed it into law? Which party claims to defend the middle-class?

No further questions, your honor.

11. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

When you have billions in assets a few 50 million dollar loans isn't "in debt up to his eyeballs". Money is cheap today, might as well leverage it.

Unless Trump holds a controlling interest in the bank, I don't see how their issues are Trumps problem. He could easily transfer the loans if needed.

12. Macky-Mac, Jun 5, 2016

Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

objection overruled.......all the facts are relevant

(i see you edited your post after I posted :p )

13. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

The forms don't require you to list the amount of loans over $50 million, they likely are much higher. Probably the main reason why we haven't seen his tax returns is that he is nowhere near as rich as he claims and mostly maintains an extravagant lifestyle through debt.

14. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

One billion is more than any person needs, so at the end of the day does it really matter?

Let's say Donald Trump has 10 billion in assets and 2 billion in debt (a stretch for sure). Who cares?

15. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Agreed, I don't think it's 10 billion.

16. localoid macrumors 68020

localoid

17. DearthnVader, Jun 5, 2016

DearthnVader macrumors regular

DearthnVader

To talk of "regulating" Banks. So long as they exist, they will regulate every thing around them.

Banks will always find the next unregulated investment to blow into a bubble, then they will get greedy and over lend, then they will get nervous and stop lending, then the bubble will pop. Just look at the history of the US, it's just one banking disaster after the next. Banks have never been stable, and they never will be.

18. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

I suspect it isn't debt that Trump is concerned about exposing.........he even brags "I'm the king of debt".

19. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

If his company has the assets to cover the loans I don't see a problem.

20. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

He might have to sell the assets which would be humiliating.

21. lowendlinux, Jun 6, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2016

lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

Yes..

I don't mind the debt if the assets are there and there's plan in place to divest himself if he was to be elected. I don't mind bare bones ideas or for the future but I do want to see this publish in enough detail to make me think that it'll happen.

22. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Which really puts the Unites States of America into a questionable light from World perspective, of which the 40% won't care about until no one wants to cooperate with our foreign adventures. :oops::oops::oops: and :oops:

23. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

I doubt other democracies are much better.