NPR Triggers Trump Supporters with the Declaration of Independence

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by samcraig, Jul 5, 2017.

1. samcraig macrumors P6

This is funny/sad/scary.

While folks were upset at CNN for uncovering who create the GIF that inspired Trump's tweet, others were completely triggered and incendiary towards NPR because they tweeted the Declaration of Independence.

Now when I saw this feature, I thought - OK - maybe it's because NPR just tweeted one or two lines and it was out of context. However, this isn't the case - NPR tweeted the entire thing - even the signatures...

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/07/cal...r-tweets-out-the-declaration-of-independence/

2. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

Aw man, those replies from clueless Trump supporters are pure gold!

The reading kind of hit the nail right on the head, when his supporters see it as an attack on their clown prince.. :D

3. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

Trump supporters are mindless idiots. Plain and simple.

4. DearthnVader macrumors regular

DearthnVader

No one ever lost an election by over estimating the intelligence of some voters.

5. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

But but but the "hysterical" left....

@DrewDaHilp1 - and if this were members of the left freaking out over FOX or Trump tweeting the document out - you would yawn? I bet not. I bet you'd find it funny as heck

6. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

with plenty of liberals calling for trumps head all over the place it is easy to take things out of context, still funny. how many liberals who are supposed to be in Canada celebrated the 4th? :p

[​IMG]

7. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

I'll focus on sad, ignorant, possible sick examples of human beings representing the most advanced species on the planet. What an embarrassment. :(

8. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

ADVANCED species on the planet? when was the last time you attended a wresting match like RAW? or been to the fair? hell when was the last time you went to walmart? :eek:

9. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Another irrelevant meme used as deflection. Do you think we can go one thread where you keep (only) to the topic on hand.

10. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

did you try reading my post? here I'll make the relevant part bold, from my post .

as in " still funny" they feel for it and did not know it was the declaration of independence.....

11. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

So that excuses the rest of your post being off topic? Ok. :)

12. mac_in_tosh macrumors regular

mac_in_tosh

To put things into perspective, let's remember that roughly half of the country voted and roughly half of them voted for Trump. I think the actual number is around 19%. That's the "base."

13. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

Given Trump's current anti-immigration fetish, it's ironic that one of the grievances listed in the Declaration was the King's refusal to allow immigration:

He has endeavoured to prevent the population of these States; for that purpose obstructing the Laws for Naturalization of Foreigners; refusing to pass others to encourage their migrations hither, and raising the conditions of new Appropriations of Lands.
    Mind you, there was some wisdom to limiting European settlement to east of the Appalachians.

14. CaptMurdock macrumors 6502a

CaptMurdock

So much for being in tune with The Founding Fathers (tm)... :cool::p:D

15. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

On the subject of your meme, this story reinforces my belief that a large number of right wingers have never read more of our country's founding documents than half of the second amendment.

16. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

So judging by your memes this country should be in a constant state of revolution.

;)

Those "armed citizens" were what the constitution calls "Well-Formed Militias".

17. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

nah, just ready for it ;)
    no problems with your statement

18. samiwas macrumors 65816

I read this story a little while ago. It made me die laughing. It is astounding just how plain stupid some of Trump's base are.

This comment on one article summed it up: Typical. If the wording of the Declaration of Independence sounds like an attack on "your president", then maybe there's something seriously wrong with the president.

19. DearthnVader macrumors regular

DearthnVader

Well regulated militias?

Being "necessary" to the security of a free state.....

20. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

My bad. It is REGULATED.

;)

21. citizenzen macrumors 65816

No true American forgets the Second Amendment! :eek:

22. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Indeed a lot have.

Especially the "Well Regulated" part.

;)

23. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

The comment I found both funniest and saddest is the person who called the tweets "trash". Really? The Declaration of Independence is "trash"? Wow. :eek:

I never cease to be amazed by the low intelligence that seems to be pervasive in the United States. This lack of common sense and education is really harming us.

24. Zenithal macrumors 68040

All they had to do was google the lines. It's very simple. When I was in school, we were required to memorize the opening to the DoI. Granted, this was decades ago when school was actually school, and not the joke it is now.