NRA Fights For Convicted Stalkers' Gun Rights

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by MacNut, Jun 25, 2014.

1. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/25/nra-stalkers-_n_5530097.html?1403721529
    So ya, bad people with guns.

2. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

This is a bit over the top, even for the NRA.

3. tshrimp macrumors 6502

tshrimp

Just reading your partial paste from the article I was totally thinking the NRA was crazy, but after reading the rest of the article on why they thought this way puts me in the undecided category for now.

Thought they had some good arguments on why it might be an issue. Will have to think this one over, but for those who just read the OPs post and not the link...I would recommend reading the entire thing first as it does go into better detail.

4. Technarchy macrumors 604

Technarchy

There is already a pretty good thread about this.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1720543&highlight=domestic

I stand by my previous comments.

5. IGregory, Jun 25, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2014

IGregory macrumors 6502a

IGregory

I don't know the exact wording of the proposed law but I would think the ban would not be permanent. In other words, the law should allow a cooling off period. lets say a year, or two years in more serious incidents, where the applicant could reapply. If there were no other problems then the applicant would be eligible to own guns. There has to be a middle ground rather than no ground at all.

Domestic violence can affect us all. The NRA used as their example a gay couple squabble in an attempt to make them appear less important than a straight couple. But, the really is my, or someone else's daughter is more likely to be a victim. Sanity and reasonableness has to prevail here.