NRCC using fake Democrat websites to lure voters

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by lannister80, Feb 7, 2014.

1. lannister80 macrumors 6502

lannister80

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.co...n-using-fake-democrat-websites-to-lure-voters

Will the Republican's dirty tricks ever stop? Why is it that whenever I see any kind of disinformation campaign, it's always coming from the conservatives?

2. Curun macrumors 6502

Curun

1. The Republican party has politicians and lawyers, so that would be a definite No.
    2. 'always'?, because Democrat party politicians and interest groups are the utmost standard in integrity and honesty...?

I would say 'you' never see examples of 2, because you have have a bias that blinds you.

3. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

Show any recent examples of politics from Dems that can match the some of the dirty politics from Reps.

4. Bug-Creator macrumors 6502

Bug-Creator

Quite simple, this would create a negative effect on potential democratic voters as they are not stupid enough to fall for something like that :p

5. lannister80 thread starter macrumors 6502

lannister80

If you can show me dirty tricks coming from the Dems, I'm more than happy to revise my statement.

But off the top of my head, I can think of several recent past instances of Repubs screwing with elections/assorted dirty tricks. And these are actual GOP officials doing this stuff, not random conservative groups.

GOP Official Faces Sentence in Phone-Jamming
    GOP Tweet Encourages New Jersey Supporters To Vote On Wrong Day
    Error-Filled Instructions Are Sent to Ohio Voters
    Americans for Prosperity Wisconsin ballots have late return date

6. EvilQueen macrumors 6502

Actually it has happened on both sides before. This is an evolution of URL parking and buying up similar names to the official campaign sites and putting anti information on them that has been going on for a few years.

7. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

I have a feeling that this isn't a red or blue thing, but a win at all cost, politician thing. And our system has created an atmosphere that allows such underhandedness.

While I agree with the message of Democrats, I certainly don't always agree with their tactics.

8. lannister80, Feb 7, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2014

lannister80 thread starter macrumors 6502

lannister80

Do you have a link/citation? Genuinely curious.

I'm not saying Democrats are pure as the virgin snow (obviously not), but these "disinformation campaigns" with wrong dates to vote, wrong voting location, wrong info about candidates, seems to come more from the Right.

9. tgara macrumors 6502a

tgara

Ahem...... You're conveniently forgetting the Mother of All Disinformation Campaigns concocted by Obama and the Democrats:

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...ar-if-you-like-your-health-care-plan-keep-it/

http://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs...-congressional-democrats-lied-about-obamacare

10. Michael Goff Suspended

Michael Goff

11. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    I see this a lot when I get into political arguments. "Yeah, well...they do it, too". Uh huh, and instead of taking the high road and condemning your own side for their transgressions, why not forgive them so we can all roll around in the muck and the mire we've created.

12. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

And this is completely off topic to the NRCC using fake Democrat sites to lure voters, as well as the request to post sites that show the Blues doing similar tactics that the Reds are.

If you want to argue the ACA, there are numerous threads for it. Take it there.

BL.

13. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Oh boo hoo, the less than 15% of the market on plans that expire year to year won't have access to the same ****** plans that didn't cover anything?? What an assault to freedom!

I for one wish I could still purchase a $50 a month plan that only covers up to $50 dollars at a hospital...because, you know, I want the freedom to make dumb decisions.

Again, none of this crap would be a concern in the first place if we got real healthcare in this country. Human lives shouldn't be a profit seeking industry. End of story.

Man, thank god Obama's "mother of all disinformation campaigns" finally got brought to light, I was under the impression that starting wars that bankrupted the nation and cost hundreds of thousands of lives was a real whopper...until this SCANDAL blew the consequences of that out of the water.

Sometimes it's hard not to think this may be the stupidest population the world has ever known, but that's what a well oiled propaganda model does when its in place for over 100 years.

14. EvilQueen macrumors 6502

I am not at all saying it was right. But it is also wrong to pretend like only one side does it as was said several times in this thread.

15. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Proportionality matters.

It seems the GOP has institutionalized scummy tactics (see: gerrymandering, voter suppression, etc).

16. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

I'm not gonna claim one side is completely innocent, while the other side is nothing but a bunch of dirty scumbags. In the world of politics, everyone is at least a little dirty.

But the Republican party has been considerably dirtier than usual recently. Like NT said above, voter suppression, constant gerrymandering, playing the victim, and worst of all...fearmongering, which has become their go-to tactic since the Tea Party came into vogue. They've been stooping to some pretty deep depths as of late. They've become a party of demagogues.

17. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

And the "Nice Guy Making This Year's Biggest Understatement Award" goes to...:rolleyes:

;) :D

18. Michael Goff Suspended

Michael Goff

Except there isn't any evidence of the Democrats doing this sort of thing.

19. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Comeon. There might be one or two guys in congress who have only killed...like...two prostitutes. They're still relatively innocent.

20. tgara macrumors 6502a

tgara

Yes, please stay on topic and read the question!

Lannister said:

Examples provided in the links to refute this claim and hopefully educate some of the Lefties here, but frankly, I don't hold out much hope. You can lead a horse to water.... you know the rest.

Peace!

21. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Again, proportionality would have a lot to do with it.

While the Dems and the GOP are both as bad as it gets on the macro scale, tactic wise one certainly uses naked disinformation more than the other camp. And by that I mean number of instances.

But at the heart of it, gotta throw out ridiculous stuff when your party has drifted so far (GOP) that is now battling what it was 30 years ago (Dems, who now are, policy-wise, moderate republicans of yesteryear).

22. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

You assume the horse is thirsty. It may not be. In this case, the Reds are so parched and thirsty for voters that they are willing to deceive those who are looking for the opposing party to sign up with them by creating fake sites. That is outright wrong, and if money is exchanged by the victim to the site, that qualifies as FRAUD.

Your links relative to the ACA have nothing to do with that. So again, take it to those other threads. This horse doesn't want to drink the water you've lead me to, because the water is from the same river that got contaminated by the chemicals from the coal plant near Charleston, WV.

BL.

23. tgara macrumors 6502a

tgara

All of this is irrelevant and inaccurate, like essentially all your posts. But good for a chuckle.

I commented on Lannys post. It was spot on. If you intend to comment, you need to do a better job and stay on topic and focused. Start trying harder because your inane posts are quickly becoming tedious.

24. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

If we were to poll people here about posts, relevancy, and accuracy, I will guarantee you that you would be in the complete wrong. In fact, I invite and encourage you too.

From another poster in this very thread:

you are the only one claiming that you are spot on, while there are others here, including myself, to have showed you otherwise.

Practice what you preach.

BL.

25. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

A couple years ago, those guy-fawkes-mask people claim they hacked into Karl Rove's "ORCA" system in order to "prevent vote-switching". Granted, they count more as anti-Republicans than as official Democrats, but the benefit inured to the Democrats. And, technically, it was not fraud in the way this Republican tactic clearly is.

The main positive I could see coming out of this might be a renewed call for public campaign financing. Money is not speech.