NSA Reform Bill Fails Key Senate Hurdle As Republicans Cry Terror

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by MacNut, Nov 18, 2014.

1. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Let me be blunt, Congress is made up of *******s.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/11/18/nsa-reform-senate_n_6181548.html

2. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

Ew, I agree with Ted Cruz on something. Gag me with a spoon...

3. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

From your source

It looks like at least that part will be gone in a few months anyway. The sad thing here is I think I actually agree with Rand Paul on something since this bill doesn't do enough to get rid of the Patriot Act.

Plus what are the odds that the NSA actually stops doing illegal surveillance versus telling people that they stopped and keeping on doing it?

4. DonJudgeMe macrumors regular

People are going to blow up buildings if we don't violate your rights!

Makes total sense to me. :D

5. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

This is where someone usually posts that quote about liberty and security.

The NSA needs to be disbanded and any Congressman who voted against this bill should be executed for treason for failing to uphold their oath to defend the constitution. Scumbags.

6. vrDrew macrumors 65816

Is this not the most pathetic; gutless; idiotic piece of political oratory to come down the pike in quite some time?

Does Senator Rubio really think that our society is so fragile; our system of law-and-order so feeble; that a single Syrian jihadist could actually cause any sort of lasting problem?

Memo to Senator Rubio: We've got plenty of bad dudes of our own running around here. Each of them capable of causing far more chaos and mayhem than Jihad John or his French sidekick.

Second Memo to Senator Rubio: When you decide to toss the Constitution in the trashcan; and subject our proud country to the sort of electronic eavesdropping on innocent civilians that would make the Stasi green with envy - you've handed the terrorists a massive win.

Time to Man Up, America.

7. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

how do you feels about Obama's passing of the NDAA? :D

8. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Obama doesn't "pass" anything, Congress does. The President simply signs the bills already passed by Congress.

Also, the NDAA is what sets the military budget for the year, so they're kind of necessary.

That said, there are definitely quite a few specific provisions in some of the recent NDAAs that I vehemently disagree with.

9. mtneer macrumors 68020

mtneer

Even if the bill had passed - how and who would enforce that law? It's not like the NSA is open to scrutiny by a regulatory agency or the media. Whistleblowing does not exist for an intelligence agency. An unenforceable law is as good as no law.

10. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

So bush didn't pass anything for that matter eithet:rolleyes: the day democrats & republicans cease to have a double set of standards is the day the U.S. MIGHT become a better nation. The POTUS has the power of veto.

11. Meister Suspended

Meister

Something is really wrong in the US and has been for a long, long time.

12. Happybunny macrumors 68000

When I find myself agreeing with Ted Cruz, that's the real news.:eek:

It's like a sign of the apocalypse.:p

But on a more sober note the snooper mentatity has pervaded all governments the world over, some more than others, but privacy is long gone.:(

13. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

GOP: "If the NSA can't spy one you, then ISIS will kill you and your kids."

14. jkcerda, Nov 19, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2014

jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

FBI knew about the forth hood shooter. He still got away with killing others, they knew about the Boston bombers, that still happened, so WHO are they really spying on? Because terrorism against civilians seems to be ok

15. adroit macrumors 6502

adroit

Wasn't someone arguing just yesterday that fear isn't used as tool to rule in the US? I can't remember what thread it was but he/she went on and on denying it.

16. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

As I like to say, there is a beast, born from World War II and raise by the Cold War, that continues to crave ever more. Unfortunately it cannot be easily killed.

17. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

I'd rather get killed by ISIS than live in an Orwellian police state like the NSA and some of these politicians want to create.

18. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    Have you had any negative thoughts about your government today?

19. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

like Obama helped create?

----------

negative? or truthful?

20. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Both are one and the same, for your negative thoughts reveal the truth of your soul. That's why you should be thankful we have the government to help clean that negativity. Improper thoughts are slavery. We are here to make you free.

Yeah, I read 1984 in high school. I'm edgy.

21. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

I'd challenge anyone not to have any after watching/reading the news for 5 minutes.

what the hell is your obsession with Obama?

22. Meister Suspended

Meister

Terrorism is a false flag period. I am always in awe how people actualy deny this.

23. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Is it that hard for you to admit he is also responsible?

----------

Hope the re-education camps have ESL classes:D

24. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

I wouldn't say that. Though I wouldn't be too terribly surprised if certain people allowed certain things to happen to further their own agenda.

And no, I'm not alluding to Bush and 9/11. I'd say that was due more to incompetency and yellow tape than any outright conspiracy against the American people. Though we've had plenty of people who've milked it for every drop they possibly could since.

25. Meister Suspended

Meister

I didn't mention any conspiracy. The official explanation for the 9/11 event and the whole terrorism thing is just such obvious ************ that it is beyond me how anyone can just ignore blatant lies. I am not going to bend over and ignore common sense.
    Why these lies are spread, I do not know. The fact that they are spread throughout all media and through time and forgetfullness of the deluded masses become established history is just unbelievable. This all indicates a lot of planning and indeed hints towards a conspiracy of epic proportions.