NSA's Domestic Spying Grows As Agency Sweeps Up Data

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Teh Don Ditty, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Teh Don Ditty macrumors G4

Teh Don Ditty

You might need a subscription to read the article. WSJ Link

If somebody can find an alternative (read: non-suscription link) please post it.

2. jb60606 macrumors 6502a

Only shows a fraction/sample of the article. It won't let you copy & paste it? If not, I'll just grab it from the paper. Thanks

3. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Democrats in Congress -- particularly the Bush Dogs -- need to realize that no one outside of telecom board rooms, a WH desperate to cover up it's illegal activities, and a handful of the nattering nabobs actually support telecom immunity.

Most Americans hate the phone companies.

4. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

You might as well add our own Govt to that list. I mean really does the federal govt do anything right other then collect our taxes?
    Bush has been spying on Americans with the Republicans help. Its time to shut them down and tell them if they weren't letting in all these illegals in the 1st place they wouldn't have to spy on Legal Americans.:eek:

5. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

This has probably been going on years before Bush even took office, we are just hearing about it now. Listening to phone calls isn't anything new.

6. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Doesn't make it right. If Hilldog were defending this, I doubt we'd be happy about it either. Guessing a lot more on the other side would suddenly want their privacy back though.

7. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

The idea may have been around, but there has been no indication that this activity was undertaken prior to 2000.
    If you think that's all this is about, you are sadly mistaken.

8. SMM macrumors 65816

SMM

Google the 'Huston Plan'.