NVIDIA 355.60 video driver fails to install on late 2013 rMBP

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Jarman74, Aug 14, 2015.

1. Jarman74 macrumors regular

Jarman74

I've got a late 2013 rMBP with GeForce GT 750M GPU and today I couldn't update the video driver to brand-new version 355.60 under Windows 7 on Boot Camp - neither via the GeForce Experience panel nor downloading the driver from NVIDIA's website as it seems to get stuck in an infinite loop of reinstalling itself. Is anybody experiencing the same issue?

I would be glad to know if anyone has managed to install it successfully too. Thanks for any help!

2. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

Have you tried updating through Device Manager too? Also checked Windows Update/optional updates? Failing that a complete uninstall of the driver & downloading the NVIDIA auto-update/detect might do the trick.

That's all I can suggest though, can't say I've heard of or had this issue.

3. Jarman74 thread starter macrumors regular

Jarman74

In the end I had to remove all the NVIDIA software and reinstall it from scratch. I guess the NVIDIA GeForce Experience was the culprit: it's a bloated mess which often gets stuck in the middle of a download. The Device Manager said I had a December 2014 driver, while the control panel a driver released a few weeks ago - go figure. Now everything runs flawlessly with version 355.60.

Thanks anyway for your suggestions mate, much appreciated!