NY City Apple stores showing all models available for pick-up as of 11:40pm Nov 9 on Apple store app

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Blondie&Dagwood, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Blondie&Dagwood macrumors 6502

Blondie&Dagwood

see the thread tittle.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 8, 2017 ---
    And now they are all gone. That was weird. Wonder if they sold out within minutes or that was an error by Apple. Wish I had taken a screenshot, sorry folks :(

2. flat five macrumors 603

flat five

i'm not seeing that.. for example:

IMG_8EDC10AD471B-1.jpeg

i also looked at silver Sprint64GB and gray Verizon.. same thing.

9 of those stores are within 4miles of me (like-- the 12 closest stores to me include all of the NYC stores)

3. Blondie&Dagwood thread starter macrumors 6502

Blondie&Dagwood

I am so sorry mate, I swear that at 11:45 they had availability all over the place. Just checked now and nothing. I think it may have been an error by Apple or those things were snapped up in minutes. Someone else posted on the Apple store stock thread that the stock tracking site also lit up all over the east coast. I should have taken a screenshot - so sorry

See https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/apple-stores-still-out-of-stock.2086527/page-2#post-25431615

4. flat five macrumors 603

flat five

thanks.. no big deal..
    while i'm in the market for another X, i won't be needing it until xmas.. still, if it was an easy pickup for tmmr, i'd likely just go buy it now.

5. Sean76 macrumors 6502a

Sean76

lol Going Going Going....

In this case...one going, than Gone!

6. Blondie&Dagwood thread starter macrumors 6502

Blondie&Dagwood

Shows as available at the Queens Centre but then on the next page says no availability. Looks like an Apple bug. I’m not going mad after all

Attached Files:

7. flat five macrumors 603

flat five

Queens? no thanks (i'm kidding!)

but yeah, easy for me would be SoHo, Williamsburg, or W14th St stores..

i imagine i'll just order one anyway.. that's actually easiest.
    ;)

i personally got an X on nov3.. this second one will be a gift but not until the end of December..
    so no rush

8. Blondie&Dagwood thread starter macrumors 6502

Blondie&Dagwood

Yeah, I’d be scared of being mugged and violated walking out of the Apple store in Queens carrying an Apple bag with an iPhone X. If I purchased from the Williamsburg store then that’s a nice excuse to stop at Peter Lugers to celebrate that new iPhone X

9. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 604

The Queens Center Mall Apple store is in a good area. You won't have any worries there. Plus the mall has cheap parking. Parking around the Apple store in Williamsburg is a pain. Unless you taking the Subway, then the closer the better.

10. urbanwoodsman macrumors member

Yep, can confirm. I got 7-8 email notifications from istocknow.com between 1115-1130pm. Ordered an AT&T SG 256 from the Wburg store at 1135pm. Pick up tomorrow.

I highly recommend signing up for email updates from istocknow.com

11. Sean76 macrumors 6502a

Sean76

Yip.. I just grabbed a Vzw Space Gray X in 256gb

Gotta use that istock app, def works!

Well bye Silver, you're beautiful but just need a little to much TLC...lol

12. IconIc215 macrumors 6502

I would be interested in your impressions of SG after owning both colors. I had Silver which I returned due to some defects from the factory and am on the fence about giving the phone one more go and will more than likely try SG this time around.

13. democracyrules macrumors 6502a

If you like jet black or any black phones, you will like it. Silver is an outstanding flagship color and an attention grabber.

14. Sean76 macrumors 6502a

Sean76

I'm honesty exchanging it because of the silver band around the phone. The back is beautiful, the phone itself in Silver is a very nice looking phone altogether. But i own so many watches in stainless steel, and i know how insanely prone to scratches polished stainless steel really is. Even while in a case the band will end up with hairline scratches and that kind of stuff just bothers me. With the bottom exposed due to how the Apple silicon and leather cases are I just feel the space gray band will A-hold up better B-just looks more uniformed in a darker color.

Plus I just really love the whole stealth look and how there's no noticeable breaks in the seam of the phone.

15. Blondie&Dagwood thread starter macrumors 6502

Blondie&Dagwood

Yup, there is availability for all 4 options, although the SG ones seem to be going quickly. Don’t blink people! Wonder what the deal was last night, did someone at Apple prematurely hit the wrong button perhaps?

16. Sean76 macrumors 6502a

Sean76

So many people use cases these days so the attention of the phone will really come from just the camera cut out.

With my phone right now you instantly know it's an X because of the dark blue case and that crazy shiny stainless steel band in all its glory exposed on the bottom of the phone...lol I gotta say it looks good, my wife loves how it looks, however it's great if it's on a coffee table and not with me taking it to the gym, in and out of pockets, in a car cup holder sometimes, it's just way to vulnerable and easy to get those dreaded scratches so many people are complaining about. So therefore it's back to all black everything.

17. Blondie&Dagwood thread starter macrumors 6502

Blondie&Dagwood

See the attached as of 8:05 am

Attached Files:

18. Sean76 macrumors 6502a

Sean76

Space gray went in like 2 minutes. It's really because people have had almost a week to peek into forums and see all the you tube videos with both colors. The Space Black is going to be tougher and tougher to get because people are going to go for it for the simple reason of wear and tear. Meanwhile both colors need attention to wear and tear, and I don't think either phone should be used without a case or screen protector. However for me, Space Gray just fits my every day needs and honestly is less of a pickle for me worrying about the band getting easy hairline scratches.

19. Ayemerica macrumors 65816

Ayemerica

Hey sorry for quoting you, but did you really have to baby the silver that much?