NY Gov. Elliot Spitzer Involved In Prostitution Ring

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Teh Don Ditty, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Teh Don Ditty macrumors G4

Teh Don Ditty

2. Queso macrumors G4

Oh dear another politician with a sexy secret. This should be fun as the tabloids start finding out what he's into.

BTW, funny how neither CNN nor ABC mention which party he's from, isn't it? I believe Fox News will mention it frequently though.

3. Teh Don Ditty thread starter macrumors G4

Teh Don Ditty

Yea, it is funny that neither website mention that. However, he's a democrat. (cue Replublican bash fest)

4. Queso macrumors G4

Of course, and that's to be expected. Let's face it, if he were a Republican would Democrats hold back?

5. Teh Don Ditty thread starter macrumors G4

Teh Don Ditty

And the political world makes sense again.... well not really, but you know what I mean.

6. BaronvdB macrumors 6502

BaronvdB

he's known as "client 9"....and if it was a Republican I guarantee you the media would have mentioned that frequently since there is definitely a democratic/liberal slant in the media (in my opinion).

7. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

If he's shown to have abused his office or taxpayer money, show him the door.

I don't really care if he wants to **** prostitutes on his own dime and time. That's between him and his family.

Oh wait, we can't trust anything the New York Times says about the sex lives of politicians. Right righties? I'm sure the right-leaning NYT is just trying to smear a Democratic politician. :cool:

8. Teh Don Ditty thread starter macrumors G4

Teh Don Ditty

I wanna know what a $5,500/hr prostitute looks like and well you know... is like.

9. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

You figure their skankiness hurts less when you pee?

10. Teh Don Ditty thread starter macrumors G4

Teh Don Ditty

Hmmm could be worth it then. I'll have to ask Mr. Spitz (not swallows) for a contact number.

11. Desertrat macrumors newbie

Hey, here's a good and accurate headline: "Key Clinton Supporter Involved With Prostitution Ring". :D:D:D

But so far, per CNN, these hotsies are "only" worth up to $3,100/hr, not $5,500/hr. I mean, yeah, we have a helluva problem with inflation, but gimme a break! Aw, well. Maybe the Gov wuz gonna pay for it with a State of New York AmEx card...

Maybe his wife can get some words of advice from Hillary, a resident expert on the problem...

'Rat

12. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

This would be the clincher for me. If he did, he needs to go to jail.

But I have yet to hear anything indicating that he is believed to have done so. Do you have any other sources for this charge 'Rat, or are you just shooting in the dark?

13. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Guy has an illustrious career and a great reputation, and he goes and destroys it like this.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.... (shakes head)

Not much to say in his defense on this one. You might tend to go more harsh on Republicans because they spend so much of their time lecturing to us about morality, but in point of fact Spitzer's job was to enforce the law, and he violated it in a major way.

At least he admitted it and didn't try to promote some half-assed alibi. But still.

14. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I'll agree with that, if he steps down. But somehow, I think that he is going to try and fight to stay in office.

15. Desertrat macrumors newbie

Aw, mac, I'm just having fun, shootin' from the lip. The guy made such a big deal with his anti-prostitution efforts as AG. But, maybe that's where he got his contact information. Ya reckon?

:D:D:D

To be at least a little bit serious, all we know is that he was "involved" and had been identified as "Client #9". Dunno if he was setting things up for visiting firemen, or if he wsn't happy at home or what. Far more speculation than factual knowledge.

I feel sorry for his family. Real rough on them, whatever he actually did.

'Rat

16. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Im wondering how many prostitutes he busted as attorney general:D

17. Desertrat macrumors newbie

DHM, one report said he busted a prostitution ring on Long Island and there were 15 arrests. That's all I know about his history, aside from his crusade against organized prostitution and against illegal trading on Wall Street.

Probably a lot of glee on Wall Street.

'Rat

18. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

And if I understand it correctly, the "transaction" occurred on the evening of February 13. I wonder if he sent his wife flowers for Valentine's Day the next morning?

I was watching the coverage of this at lunch time, and really hoping that his wife and three daughters weren't hearing about it at the same time that the rest of us did (not that there's a good time to hear this news).

19. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

20. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Hypocrites come in both red and blue, though I admit if he's doing it on his time and his dollar I could care a less but then he shouldnt be busting these same people. Funny how these ego power mongers allways want to tell others how to live and then they do the same exact thing. Maybe its time for the populations to decide everything and remove these control freaks from govt.

21. Desertrat macrumors newbie

DHM, I hate to be the one to break the news to ya, but there'll never be a shortage of control freaks. :D Heck, right now we've got one of the strongest control freaks in many a decade, with Hillary; that's her entire deal throughout her and Slick's careers. Comparatively, Obama and McCain are pikers.

'Rat

22. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

23. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

Eliminating the competition??

24. stevento macrumors 6502

stevento

oh man he paid $5500 / hour :D
    that must have been one quality prostitute
    see if politicians do this stuff and not lie about it i dont think people would be as pissed off.
    for instance monica lewinsky. it was just sex. he should've just done it openly.

25. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

No, it not just sex. Its prostitution which is illegal in New York.