NYC 5th Ave Apple Store - any luck?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by byeehaaw, Sep 24, 2013.

1. byeehaaw macrumors 6502

Hey guys, i was wondering if anyone had any luck at the 5th ave flagship store? I know there are probably a bunch of scalpers at this location but was wondering if anyone had any experience as to when they get shipments or how they are processing the 5S walkins?

Are they selling device only? I went to the Roosevelt field location yesterday and they were not. I had returned my gold iphone that i picked up due to the fact i did not want to burn my partial upgrade, but rather buy outright now and get the full upgrade next year.

2. random8080 macrumors newbie

Grand central had LOTS of stock this morning.

I arrived 9.50am in a queue of about 30. Got my ticket immediately for AT&T 64 gigs space gray. Picked up from phone and was out the door 10.10 am.

The funny thing is that they closed the line a few people after me and they had a lot of tickets/stock left over.

3. deraj090 macrumors regular

Just left Grand Central -- they have 64GB Verizon available -- no other carriers.

4. KPOM macrumors G5

But that's fine for anyone looking for Verizon, AT&T, or T-Mobile. It works on all 3 networks.

----------

It could be because they can't have too big a crowd there. Do they still have a separate "waiting area" off to the side like they did last year for the iPhone 5?

5. deraj090 macrumors regular

Not if you want to purchase at 2-year commitment price.

6. KPOM macrumors G5

True. So many people here are looking for the unlocked model that I sometimes forget people buy on contract.

7. random8080 macrumors newbie

The waiting area was on the balcony in the store rather than off to the side on the ground floor. But the queue wasn't very big. They stopped people entering and they had a lot of stock left. Perhaps they are holding it back for some reason.

8. byeehaaw thread starter macrumors 6502

i had called up 5th ave last night. same deal 6am ticket giveout for 8am purchase. I'm still hoping to get lucky at one of the LI stores getting a late afternoon shipment! NYC seems to be tough unless you have time to wait in these long lines in the morning

9. MT0227 macrumors 6502

This morning, Soho only had 64GB AT&T 5s, mostly gray and some white. I got on line at about 8:10am, there was approx. 20 people ahead of me. Got my gray 64 AT&T ticket about 8:45 left the store about 10:10.