NYPD Plainclothes Cop Appears To Punch Restrained Teen

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by steve knight, Dec 20, 2014.

1. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

So three cops are restraining a 12 year old black kid that was innocent (it takes 3 guys) then this plainclothes cop goes in a punches the kid for no reason. it is good a lawyer filmed it all. Just another lawsuit for the NYC police nothing new move along.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/19/nypd-cop-punches-teen_n_6356912.html
    A plainclothes NYPD officer appears to punch one of two teenagers during an arrest captured on video.

The video, uploaded to YouTube last Monday, shows three officers restraining the teenager. Suddenly, a plainclothes officer hurls himself onto the suspect, punching him twice in the back.

UPDATE: Dec. 19 -- Later on Friday, the NYPD said that the officer had been suspended, WNBC reported.

Previously:
    The NYPD's Internal Affairs is now investigating the incident, the New York Daily News reported.

"Stop it, get off of him!" the person taking the video -- identified as Sarah Doneghy -- can be heard shouting.

"He's 12, he's 12!" another woman shouts. "I can't believe you just did that to him, after everything that's been happening."

2. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

This doesn't surprise me anymore! The sad fact is that it seems more bad policing is surpassing good police and the blue line hiding them.

By the way your YouTube in page is not working. The video on the Hugginton site still plays though.

3. noisycats macrumors 6502a

noisycats

Since the police refuse to police themselves, I'm glad nearly everyone has a video camera these days. This has got to stop.

4. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

I can see all of the cop defenders coming out and saying that those weren't punches but rather a new frisking technique :rolleyes:

They will ultimately determine that all of the cops acted appropriately.

5. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

I haven't seen the video, the link in the post is blocked.. but if the officer did go against policy etc, then this is a good thing.

UPDATE: Dec. 19 -- Later on Friday, the NYPD said that the officer had been suspended, WNBC reported.

6. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

Hey, did you see where that guy drove his car into a bunch of bystanders the other day in France. Guess we should ban cars, huh? Hyuk hyuk!

Quit it with the tired generalizations, OK?

7. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

Wow a cop was actually suspended for wrong doing for once? Maybe this is the beginning of a new effort to rebuild their public relations. If there's a bad apple cop on the force, they need to be immediately purged, not defended. The actions of bad officers against the public put the lives of other officers at risk. The sooner they figure out that they can't police effectively if the public is against them, the better. They work for us.

8. Happybunny macrumors 68000

I for one fail to see the logic of your statement.

Police in America mishandling a young boy, and you connect the dots and come up with a terrorist attack in FRANCE using a car.

I would like to hear how you arrived at this post.

9. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

Did you read the post to which I was responding?

10. Happybunny macrumors 68000

Yes I did, but that poster was at least still writing about Police, and the USA.

You on the other hand went off in a tangent , to France and a terrorist attack using a car.

11. sodapop1, Dec 23, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2014

sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

Seriously, all of my comments were in reference to this very specific incident and those directly involved in it. How is that a generalization?

EDIT: Perhaps you're objecting to my use of the phrase "all of the cop defenders"? If it makes you feel better, I'll rephrase it to "those who would come to the defense of the cops". It has the exact same meaning and effect, and to call that a generalization is absolutely ridiculous.

As usual, for whatever reason some people feel the need to make up some absurd argument to distract from the subject at hand.

12. aerok macrumors 65816

aerok

I also read it and fail to see any logic.

13. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

man you are filled with bad ideas

14. Gym Hellwig macrumors regular

Why do Americans act like they all live in the same small village of 100 people? You guys do realize your country consists of over 350 MILLION people, right? Do you have any comprehension of how large that number is?

You get these tiny, little, random, insignificant, trivial stories that get blown up to a national level as if it has any relevance to 99.999999999% of the population.

"Uhhhhh... did ja heer about the guy in Vermont who killed his dog with a rawk? Uhhhhh.... I seen it on the tee-vee! Weez gotts ta dew something about all dis dog killins. Uhhhhhh. Like black men, dawgs is an indangered species."

15. aerok macrumors 65816

aerok

So we should just ignore all stories?

16. Happybunny macrumors 68000

No IMO, I think that he means the ones that he finds insignificant, trivial stories that get blown up to a national level as if it has any relevance to 99.999999999% of the population.

I would also suppose that if he finds a story of great importance, he will tell you about it, even if you are not interested.:p

17. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

Because in America, we believe in justice for all, not just the majority. An injustice to one is an injustice to all because we stand together.

By your logic, I guess one could come to your country and slay an innocent child and it would be dismissed as too irrelevant to worry about.

18. Gym Hellwig macrumors regular

A story about a cop punching someone in the back? Uh, yeah. Unless you live in that town it has no relevance to your life.

----------

LOL. That gave me a good chuckle. Let's focus on Cleetus who got punched in the back by a cop and ignore the thousands who are getting blown to pieces by American drones or the thousands who are murdered in the US every day.

According to this link, 3 Americans are killed by a gun every hour, 24-hours per day.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/16/murders-shootings-and-gun-sales-per-day_n_2488664.html

19. Happybunny macrumors 68000

Then why did YOU bring up relationship laws from Canada in another thread , it had no relevance to the thread as the thread was about Florida, USA?

20. Gym Hellwig macrumors regular

A law that applies to an entire country > Cleetus or DeonTay getting punched in the back.

I'm also talking about American media as a whole, not this thread. Your media blows up these "Firefighter saves cat" stories to national prominence. It's comical.