NYT Publishes Encyclopedia of Trump's Lies

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by samcraig, Jun 23, 2017.

1. alex2792 macrumors 6502a

These are not lies, they are called alternative facts.

2. oneMadRssn macrumors 68040

oneMadRssn

Times Trump has told the truth:

That time he admitted to being a sexual predator on Access Hollywood.
    That time he admitted to Lester Holt that firing Comey was retaliation for the Russia investigation.

3. Fancuku macrumors 6502a

Fancuku

If we published NYT's encyclopedia of lies the internet would crash.

4. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Nothing lies more than Trump. Nothing. If the Internet can handle him, it can handle anything.

5. localoid macrumors 68020

localoid

Thank goodness, it's easy to tell when Trump's lying. When he speaks, he lips move. When he tweets, his thumbs move.

6. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Oh gosh, I completely forgot about "alternative facts". Seems like a lifetime ago they first used that phrase. What a mess.

7. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

The irony is that this is the New York Times...

8. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I feel like we need a list of times Trump has said or tweeted things that are detrimental to himself, regardless of if it was true or not. For example, the many times he's tweeted about the "travel ban" allowing the courts to use his own tweets to shoot down the ban. Or when he threatened Comey with non-existent tapes, which emboldened Comey to leak his memos and get the Special Counsel appointed. And of course the Lester Holt interview. The sheer unawareness of the notion that speech has consequences is fascinating and disturbing.

9. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

Doesn't make it what they published here wrong.

10. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

I see all of the trumpanzees are out in full force. Instead of dealing with reality and acknowledging all of Trump's lies, they have to focus their attention on discrediting the messenger and judging them by an unreasonable standard. In their minds, the messenger has to have been correct 100% of the time in the past otherwise they are never to be trusted. While the thought of their liar and chief ever telling them a lie goes unprocessed in their minds because doing so would burst their alternate reality bubble leading to the demise of everything they foolishly believe in.

11. DanielDD macrumors 6502

They should provide a glossary and search function

12. samcraig, Jun 24, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2017

samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

I would put the reputation of the entire NYTs history vs Trump's history any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

At least the NYTs has apologized in the past for their errors. When was the last time Trump apologized? I'll give you as looooooong as you need to answer that. It's going to take a lot of research ;)

13. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

He did grudgingly semi-apologize for the "grub them by the p***y"" remark.

14. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

Umm. The messenger gets discredited because it's the cesspool of garbage "news" called the New York Times. Shouldn't even be called a newspaper....it's a leftwing whackjob collection of articles that support their communist agenda. Should nuke the building from orbit and call it good. Addition by subtraction.

Just more butt hurt Hilary supporters. She lost. Really. Get over it.

15. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

Well... that seemed completely objective and presented a clear & balanced argument against the Times.

Just curious, is there a catalog for all the supposed lies that the New York Times has made? Just so we could compare it to the encyclopedia they've kept on 45. Granted the NY Times has a century headstart, but surely 45's encyclopedia of lies can't be as big? Right?

16. PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

Despite easily provable lies, 35% still believe Trump is truthful. o_O

17. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

Either you can dispute what's said or you can't. Dismissing the source doesn't change what was said.

18. oneMadRssn macrumors 68040

oneMadRssn

Cool.

Seeing as how you chose to attack the messenger instead of the message, you must agree that this particular piece is a factual portrayal of Trump's lies? If not, why not? Be specific.

I'll go grab some popcorn and await your defense of Trump's indefensible lies.

19. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

That was no apology
    --- Post Merged, Jun 24, 2017 ---
    Hillary is living rent free in Trump and many of the right's heads. Get over it? That's funny coming from someone who brought her into a discussion that has nothing to do with her.

Since you think the source is not honest - how about you refute any/all of the lies presented.

You can have as much time as you need. After all - it is important to consider the source when filtering information. But when facts are facts and not alternative facts - they speak for themselves. So please - fact check the NYT.

20. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

True, but it's the closest I've seen Trump be forced to making it seem like he was apologizing.

21. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

22. HEK macrumors 68030

HEK

It just hit me.....Trump helping America by saying and tweeting detrimental things about himself. Sure it's a rather roundabout way to do things, but no one ever claimed Trump as being normal.

23. DanielDD macrumors 6502

I always find it funny how some people use communism to describe a for-profit company with a multi billion market cap in trading stocks.
    Any reason why you consider the New York Times a "cesspool of garbage news"? I would really like to know that, if you were kind enough to explain

24. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Because Trump says so ;)