NYT: Your Tax Dollars At Work

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by dogslobber, May 1, 2017.

1. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

from link
    I am all for removing their protections AFTER they leave the office. how about you?

2. vrDrew macrumors 65816

Have you stopped to consider why the agreement to allocate additional money was bi-partisan?

Hint: It wasn't because Democratic lawmakers think that Donald Trump is doing such a fantastic job, or that they think he is an invaluable national treasure.

It's because Trump's hobnobbing around Palm Beach and keeping his wife and kid locked up in Trump Tower, occur in districts that happen to have Democratic Congressional representatives. And the people of those cities were getting stuck with tens of millions of dollars of extra law-enforcement costs because of the unprecedented activities of the Trump family business.

3. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

so democrats are worthless sellouts who piss on their constituents backs & call it rain? works for me :D

4. tgara macrumors 6502a

tgara

Amazing how our lib and progressive friends are suddenly fiscal conservatives! Maybe there is hope for them!

5. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

"Among them are $50 million for the installation of long-awaited White House fence segments intended to improve security at the Executive Mansion."
    Where the engineering specs for this fence? I could come up with some for half that price and install it by myself. I mean it's 18 acres of land.

6. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

There is a difference from fiscal conservatives and bat **** crazy God conservatives.

7. vrDrew macrumors 65816

I don't think you've thought this through.

From the NYT article:

and

Rep. Deutch, a Democrat, was not "pissing" on his Constituents. He was making sure that his Constituents weren't getting stuck with the bill for every time Donald Trump takes the weekend off at his Florida club.

8. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

where is the money coming from? just republican tax payers or from all tax payers? :D

9. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

Maybe we should take that $120 million and give it to enemies of the US instead? Like someone's been known to do

10. vrDrew macrumors 65816

It's coming from all taxpayers. As it should for any truly "national" expense. Taxpayers up in Wasilla, Alaska should pay their fair share of the cost of protecting Eric Trump when he goes on business trips. And the cost of closing highways and providing crowd control outside Mar-a-Lago ought to be borne just as much by taxpayers in Mobile, Alabama and Waco, Texas - not just by the taxpayers of Palm Beach County.

If taxpayers in those places don't like having to pay the extraordinary extra amounts required of the Trump family business, maybe they will think differently the next time they go to the ballot box.

11. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

WELCOME to the PRSI, yes anything Obama spent on was acceptable to the dems.

12. samcraig macrumors P6

It should only come from Republican tax payers. Isn't that how it works when Republicans don't want to pay for things? Trump should stop looking for a handout.

13. vrDrew macrumors 65816

In Obama's 1st 100 days he gave Americans a stimulus package to boost the economy.

In Trump's 1st 100 days he took 8 vacations & ate cake.

See: I can do deflection too. I don't. Because I'm a smarter, better, and more decent person than people who do. Time to grow up.

14. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

Amazing how the conservatives are now so free with their money.

15. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

But I bet your plans wouldn't call for five guys standing around digging a hole with one shovel and multiple layers of people getting secret payouts. It's the government, you can count on them paying double what the private sector would.

16. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Obama gave the American people indefinite detention w/o trial. Pushed debt to over 19 trillion and bombed more countries than bush did. Funny you say you are more decent ........ that's just your opinion
    --- Post Merged, May 1, 2017 ---
    You can thank bush for that :(
    --- Post Merged, May 1, 2017 ---
    Would be awesome if we could pick & chose what got funded

17. vrDrew, May 1, 2017
    Last edited: May 2, 2017

vrDrew macrumors 65816

You honestly don't get it, do you?

Donald Trump is, one way or another, bound and determined on establishing the United States of America as some sort of military dictatorship.

You can see this every day. In every Tweet, in every appearance he makes on Fox News. You can see it in every appointment of (another) General to a previously civilian position. With every dictator whose ass he profusely kisses in every press conference.

Should he be successful in pulling off this coup d'etat, don't be surprised is they haul you, and your family, off to a detention camp.

I'm on your side. I don't want to see that happen.

18. lostngone macrumors demi-god

lostngone

WOW over dramatic, much? The thing I find scary is people actually believe this.

19. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

You need help bud. Step away from the interweebs & faux news for a while , relax. Unlike obama the courts get involved when he tries to do anything.

20. zin macrumors 6502

OBAMA wiretapped journalists. OBAMA signed indefinite detention without trial. OBAMA armed terrorists. OBAMA prosecuted more whistleblowers for espionage than every other president combined. OBAMA expanded domestic surveillance. OBAMA tried to legislate from the office with DAPA. OBAMA invaded and has overthrown legitimate governments in the Middle East without congressional approval.

You may not agree with what Trump has done, but Trump nominated a Supreme Court justice who is a textualist and originalist, somebody who would be expected to CURTAIL federal power. Trump has nominated people who, for better or worse, want to REDUCE federal control over things like the environment and health care.

Liberal judges exceeding their authority have been more than willing to stop Trump from doing something many other presidents have done on immigration, but they were nowhere to be found when it came to domestic surveillance or wiretaps of AP and Fox News, for instance.

Dictatorship my behind. Barack Obama was far more authoritarian. And he got away with it because of some kind of reality distortion field.

21. vrDrew macrumors 65816

You need to wake up.

Stop deflecting and blaming Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama every time you start losing an argument. You need to stop talking about the National Defense Authorization Act.

And start listening to what Donald Trump says. What Trump is saying about "changing libel laws". What he says about protestors. What he says about the free press. What he says about judges and the legal system in this country. What he says about Congress. You need to look very carefully at his unprecedented appointments of active-duty and recently retired military people to high Government positions. You need to look to his violent and incendiary rhetoric at rallies (again, all unprecedented in US history). You need to listen as Trump sticks his tongue up the ass of dictators like Egypt's Sisi; Turkey's Erdogan; and the Philippines Duterte.

As of today, it is still legal to Protest in the United States. It is not yet fatal to protest in the United States. But it seems increasingly likely that Trump will attempt to change one or the other of those conditions. He will most likely use some national tragedy: a terrorist attack, a large-scale riot; a natural disaster. Something. But he will use the opportunity to declare martial law (a power the President has).

And then it will be all over.

Donald Trump is the greatest threat to the freedom of the United States in modern history.

22. zin macrumors 6502

It's like I'm listening to Alex Jones, multiplied by ten.

23. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

It's not beyond the realm of possibility, especially when Trump talks about expanding libel laws, which is code language for driving media he doesn't like out of business.

On the topic: personally, I think Congress should allocate a certain amount of money for Secret Service protection...say, an amount equal to what Obama spent, indexed for inflation...and anything Trump wants above and beyond that comes out of his own pocket.

24. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Losing the argument? says the guy comparing trumps WORDS to Obamas ACTIONS. see small list below
    if anyone turns protesting "fatal" in the U.S it will be the ANTIFA clowns from the left who do so.