O2 announce limited 'fair usage' rates for other customers - will apply to iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ElectricHermit, Sep 27, 2007.

1. ElectricHermit macrumors newbie

Today O2 announced data plans for all its non-iPhone customers today. The O2 Web Bolt On costs £7.50 and has a monthly 'fair usage' total of 200MB a month, which O2 reckon equates to 1,400 pages.

Hmm... 1,400 pages, where have we heard that before? Oh right... at the iPhone UK launch Matthew Key (CEO of O2) said of the iPhone data contract (my bold for emphasis), "There is a limit: 1,400 internet pages per day would break the deal as part of fair usage agreement."

So, do we think UK iPhone users are actually going to get 'unlimited=200MB a day' like he said, or 'unlimited=200MB a month' like he is now selling all his other customers :confused:?

It's a fairly important difference! Besides the relative risk of breaking the fair usage policy, it either means the iPhone contracts come with retail data costs of £7.50 included, or they cover you for around £230 of data :eek:. If it's the latter, it makes those expensive contracts look a lot less expensive. What do we think?

2. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

I wasn't around for the announcement so can only go on what you have quoted. If it is 200MB a month then that is silly, easily go over that. However 200MB a day does seem quite high for a fair usage policy. Who knows really will find out in due course. I personally think it is the latter.

3. ElectricHermit thread starter macrumors newbie

See here if you're interested, at 10:24. At 10:42 he then says he'll be rolling out 'unlimited data' for everyone else on 1st October too... which is what they've announced today.

I hope he meant to say "per day". 200MB a month would be very poor.

4. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

We need clarification on this.