o2 Data Problems

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tjcampbell, Jun 16, 2012.

1. tjcampbell macrumors 6502a

tjcampbell

Hi there,

I am finding in as little as five days into my month I'm getting the text from o2 saying that I've used up all my data. No, I don't sit watching YouTube all day on it and automatic downloads are off etc...

About half of my friends on o2 are experiencing this problem. I installed Onavo to monitor my data and it's nothing like o2 says.

Most the time I'm in WiFi anyhow.

When I contacted o2 they claimed that the iPhone uses loads of "phantom data" and basically blamed the iPhone. But if it is the iPhone then how come this same problem doesn't exist on orange etc...?

Are you having this problem on o2?
    Have you had any luck resolving it?

2. ste1164 macrumors 6502a

ste1164

Happened to my friend on O2, he used to have a 250MB plan and used it up in a couple of days by looking at Facebook it was very confusing. Could be pictures sent/received through iMessage? But I think they are compressed. He needed to upgrade to 500MB per month to stop going over his limit.

3. bassanoclapper macrumors 6502

bassanoclapper

Reset your data count in settings every month and monitor your usage.
    I've found O2 to be accurate but have recently had to up to 1GB. Damn, I miss unlimited data

4. nathdogg macrumors regular

The data caps the UK networks impose are ridiculous.

I've never been over my 750Mb allowance, but I feel that I can never use my phone to its full potential.

5. reclusive46 macrumors 65816

reclusive46

Indeed, they better get better with LTE, people are going to be able to use their entire data allowance up in an hour.

6. tjcampbell thread starter macrumors 6502a

tjcampbell

When I monitor I noticed that largest data users are:

Safari
    Maps (found this surprising)
    Twitter (I'm a comedian, so I do tweet a lot, but it's just text except for the odd funny pic)

Still, it's half of what o2 claims I am using so I still think there has to be a glitch on the o2 end.

:confused: