o2: got 8gb, now want the white one, what to do?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dino01, Jul 12, 2008.

1. dino01 macrumors member

as the title says i have managed yesterday to get myself a 8gb iphone 3G as an UPGRADE yesterday wasn't happy about waiting for 2 hours then being the next person in line for a 16gb one only to find they ran out,

anyway i got the 8gb one because i hate standing in queues and leaving with nothing.

having seen all the white pics i am really liking the look of them and now want one, what if any options do i have for getting a white or even black 16GB one now that i have already upgraded to the 8gb one.

also i checked my acccount and they aint updated my detials so i havent technically according to my acccount upgraded

2. thecritix macrumors 6502

I expect you have a 14 day 'cooling off' period, I suggest phoning o2.

3. dino01 thread starter macrumors member

i dont think the cooling off period counts for upgrades

4. alFR macrumors 68020

None - you won't be able to exchange it (as stated above, no returns on upgrades for most mobile companies) and now you won't be able to upgrade again for another 18 months. Unlucky, but I think your only recourse now is quiet weeping.

5. tallyho macrumors 6502a

tallyho

Well I was in the Apple Store yesterday looking at the cases - there are white cases, in which case the colour of the iphone back won't show anyway. In terms of the storage difference, I guess you'll just have to cut down on the number of apps and itunes content you plan to store on your phone. 8GB is still pretty big compared to any other phone on the market, after all.

6. yogamonkey macrumors 6502

yogamonkey

My iPhone Upgrade box came with a leaflet called "iPhone 3G returns" which clearly states it can be returned within 14 days even if used.

7. byron_hinson macrumors 6502

Weird - mine states for upgrades it is exempt from returns

8. dino01 thread starter macrumors member

hi yogamonkey

any chance you can take a pic of this leaflet i would be intrigued to have a look, i have since spoke to o2 whos only reason they could give for me not being allowed to exchange it is it would cost o2 money becuase they would have to sell a 2nd hand iphone 3G which i doubt whoever got would complain

one thing could i not upgrade from the 8 to 16 gig ie lose 99 quid but get the phone i want

9. byron_hinson macrumors 6502

I think you can - but you need to pay for the 16gig again and sign another 18month contract again

10. dino01 thread starter macrumors member

i am going up to town 2moro so i might ask when im waliking around, surely if i were to agree to another upgrade they wont mind

11. April Dancer macrumors regular

April Dancer

I wondered about this - taking my unopened black 16gb (when it arrives) to the Apple store and asking to change for white. Or maybe I'll just stick with black!