O2 is trailing 4G(LTE) in London 100MB!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Woomy123, Nov 22, 2011.

1. Woomy123 macrumors regular

this picture and video was just uploaded to O2 Facebook page of there new 4G network that there trailing atm in London, the pictures shows download speeds of 85MB!!!! thats insane:eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeJJ6oB2RcE

2. HellDiverUK macrumors 6502

Wonderful, shame their 3G sucks ass anywhere outside of London.

I wouldn't use O2 again if they were the last carrier in the UK. Far, far happier on Vodafone - better signal everywhere I go, and 3G that can pull 5Mb.

3. Grayburn macrumors 68000

Grayburn

I wouldn't say it's that great in London either mate, pretty **** on occasions...daily!

4. HellDiverUK macrumors 6502

lol, O2 fail.

I was on O2 for 18 months when I got my iPhone 3G. I hated it. So much I changed the phone, because I thought the iPhone was just poor. Moved to Vodafone on Android and was happy. Now eventually I came back to the iPhone with a used 3GS, still on Vodafone, and never been happier.

5. Grayburn macrumors 68000

Grayburn

Sometimes it is good and reliable but i tend to remember the bad more then the good.

6. Woomy123 thread starter macrumors regular

I'm on O2 with an iPhone 4s and i can get 3G speeds of 4-5mb and i have never been in an area where i don't have signal i think O2 are brilliant as a network

7. lazybee macrumors member

They also said in their press release that when the service is opened up to the general public after the closed trial that speeds would likely not surpass 15Mb/sec. Still nothing to laugh at, but the speeds show are only going to be usable by the test group for the time being. Until they seriously reinforce their infrastructure they will not be able to provide 100Mb coverage to the mass market.

8. bp1000 macrumors 65816

Great

Now they need the raise their stupid 500Mb basic monthly data cap and bring their prices down.

No point in having 15Mb/Sec - 80Mb/Sec which such a pathetic cap.

I'm on o2 and consistently get 3-4Mb and it's been a much better network than orange and vodaphone for me.

I would say three(3) and tmobile were the next best.