O2 Orders UK

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Cell-666, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Cell-666 macrumors 6502

Share your orders stories/status in here if ordering from 02. I'm hoping there's not going to be the long wait times as with previous iOS devices.

O2 will be taking orders at 8am btw if anyone was wondering. Get them fingers at the ready! Glad I've no work on today :)

2. Cell-666 thread starter macrumors 6502

3. zed2 macrumors 6502a

How did you find out about O2 taking orders today? I spoke to them several times yesterday and they didn't/couldn't say anything.

4. zed2 macrumors 6502a

5. Cell-666 thread starter macrumors 6502

they said yesterday they would be. Just been on the blower with them now and they are saying they haven't updated their system yet to take pre-orders. They are calling me back in a couple of hours with an update. This is on a business line btw

6. shortcrust macrumors 6502

Poor show from O2. I was thinking about moving from PAYG to pay monthly for this phone but really wanted to see the details (i.e handset prices!) in advance to make an informed decision.

Have just ordered from Apple.

7. Cell-666 thread starter macrumors 6502

I wish I could order from Apple but locked in with my business plan. Like you say it is a poor showing. Orange are away with pre-orders already. Just hope these companies are allocated so many devices or O2 customers could be at the back of the que.

8. zed2 macrumors 6502a

just ordered from t-mobile, and phone o2 for my pak code.

9. NightFox macrumors 68000

NightFox

Another iPhone launch and yet again O2 (and, to be fair, the other UK operators) seem to be caught completely by surprise.

O2 will have known this was coming for weeks if not months, how difficult would it have been to get things ready for 8:00 and for once be ready to answer the same questions they get asked every launch, such as the pre-launch availability of nanoSIMs for existing customers?

10. Cell-666 thread starter macrumors 6502

Well if Orange and CPW knew about things O2 will. I'm pretty annoyed to be honest in how they have handled all this. You won't believe how many handsets I've got waiting to be replaced. Really seriously thinking of pulling my account with them when they call em later.

The latest romour is they'll not be taking orders until next Tuesday. The initial units have been sold, orders are not on two weeks from Apple so by next Tuesday we could be looking at four weeks?

11. bbfc macrumors 68030

bbfc

Three are offering the best tariffs and lowest upfront costs.

£34 p/m for Unlimited Data (no FUP) and a boat load of calls and texts and the phone is only £79.

12. GR33NIE macrumors 6502

Weeks to prepared and yet again O2 let customers down, just like the 4S you couldn't even pre order if you were an existing customer they expected everyone to queue outside their stores on release day...

Cheerio O2 glad I went back to Voda:)

13. Cell-666 thread starter macrumors 6502

I've been away on business for a few days but tried again to order my companies phones replacements.

Sorry sir we aren't taking any orders for business users, wtf...WTF. tried 3 and they are the same ffs. Are business users now second class phone users when we pay probably 20% more than general consumers. oh except I could order of I leased my phones which works out at about another 20%!

What the hell is happening to customers service or loyalty schemes. I've spent several thousands of pounds over the last few year. Anyone else on business contracts having this ?