O2 Staff Training?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SayCheese, Jun 30, 2008.

1. SayCheese macrumors 6502a

Hi all,

I was in my local shopping centre just now (High Wycombe, Bucks) and when walking past the O2 store I noticed a sign in the window that says they are closing early for a staff training event.

I was wondering if its a coincidence that they are staff training the last day of June when O2 said they would be letting us know more about the 3G iPhone early July.

Do you think that maybe they are training staff on how to do pre credit checks on the iPhone 3G?

I went in but there was a huge queue and I didn't have time to hang around to ask questions.

Photo of the notice to follow. (Posting from iPhone and can't upload it from here).

2. johnwin macrumors 6502

johnwin

Saycheese - I think you could be right :cool: just booked the 11th off work!! Getting giddy now :D

3. johnwin macrumors 6502

johnwin

Can you upload the photo yet SayCheese?

Has anyone else seen this in their local o2 stores?

I'll be very cross if I don't get my email from o2 tomorrow telling me how to 'be one of the first to get the new 3g iPhone' ;)

4. philgilder macrumors 68000

credit checks are done for every single contract phone out there - but i would think its do to with activation of iphones etc

5. onescoop macrumors member

didn't see anything at the oxford street o2, but they've removed all of their old iphones over the last day or so and have just got an empty table at the front of the store since this morning.

ed: just phoned them and they're open until 7 (which is as usual afaik)

6. mkjj macrumors 6502a

mkjj

Do the words o2 Staff and Training really go together;)

7. onescoop macrumors member

The iPhone tech support staff are really good - I hope they don't take them away.

8. johnwin macrumors 6502

johnwin

Funny. The [apparent] 12 year old staff member I spoke to last week was not even able to tell me what the prices were - except I could get a free iPhone on the £45 tariff.

9. ayzee macrumors 6502a

ayzee

How about general staff training, there's a young guy that's in my local O2 and its safe to say he knows jack!

10. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

From what i've gathered, the training for the customer services reps has been going on (2 day course or so) at least a week ago, and that the course for O2 store managers has also being/been done - as the one i've most recently spoke to was getting a few days ago. The less high up will presumably be getting training much closer to the time, expecially if there are any new features - they literally give some staff less than a day's notice.

11. davidlw macrumors 6502a

My local AT&T store told me that they will begin training July 1,08.

12. SayCheese thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hi all,

Sorry it took so long but here is the pic.

Attached Files:

• O2.jpg
      O2.jpg
      File size:
      207.9 KB
      Views:
  13. gayweather macrumors newbie

What exactly does this prove? :confused:

They could be in training for anything and even if they were in training for the iPhone 3G launch so what? We all know its being released on the 11th so just sit back and relax till then.

You must have looked a right idiot taking a pic of that sign,passers by must have been thinking what a loser this guy is

14. greenmymac macrumors 6502a

greenmymac

God I cant wait 10 more days

15. johnwin macrumors 6502

johnwin

How rude. Personally I'm really enjoying ALL the speculation :)

16. SayCheese thread starter macrumors 6502a

I too think that he is rather rude, however if that is what he wants to do then let him. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, it's just that some people express theirs when it's not asked for.

17. MojoWill macrumors 6502

just spoken to my local o2 shop they have had no training for lanch and dont even know how they will be doing the contracts yet?