o2: Thanks for puchasing the first iPhone from us, now here's your kick in the teeth

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Phatzer, Jul 7, 2008.

1. Phatzer macrumors regular

Phatzer

Wow what a good day!

Sounds like I've had similar problems to most people. So I make every effort to get the first iPhone on the day, however looks like o2 would like to kick similarly minded people in the teeth this time.

We paid around double the price it will be, to find that this time we have to play around on a poorly set up website to upgrade. Well maybe instead of farting around this way, I'd like to reignite the excitement by going to store and upgrading, but no, were not allowed to interfere with their special new customers, we have to do it online only.

So I do the mandatory farting around to be finally presented with a lovely message telling everbody to clear off, they've only allocated a poor level of units for us 'special' cusomers, and come back the day before where we can tell you that you can have the iPhone 3g two weeks after all the new people.

This is a complete shambles and I think after paying so much more, we should have first priority on the new iPhone, and be allowed in store on Friday otherwise to upgrade.

Yours,
    A very dissapointed and frustrated loyal o2 customer of 6 years.

2. Ori macrumors 6502

According to someone I know at O2, apple insisted that EXISTING IPHONE customer have top priority on the new 3G.
    This obviously hasn't happened and while people will enjoy the new 3G it won't be us!

If I wasn't under contract I would be asking for my PAC code about now.

3. Akaal macrumors member

Akaal

NO one is getting the iPhone 3G earlier, if anything, people who are gona be waiting in line at 7.02am are more likely to get their hands on the new iPhone, then for people who have ordered online and will recieve their iPhone between the working ours of 9am - 5.30pm.