o2 UK 3GS £7.50 Unlimited texts?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jimmy2shoes, Jul 27, 2009.

1. Jimmy2shoes macrumors member

Hi Guys,

I am a little confused ( to say the least), i was told today that i am an o2 "Platinum" customer which aparently entitles me to upgrade from my less than brilliant Nokia N96 to a 3gs 6 months early ( I.E from today).

The only thing that stopped me upgrading was the limit of 500 texts a month as i do tend to surpass this on a monthly basis with my current contract.
    I asked the bloke in the upgrades department ( customer services told me all sorts of different stories but thats another matter) if there were any bolt ons availible for adding extra texts.

The upgrades bloke then announced that for £7.50 i can have an unlimited text bolt on added to the plan, this surprised me as i had heard this was an option they had taken away originally, anyway he basically said it had been re introduced over the last couple of days, and made notes on my account so that when the 3gs is back in stock i can upgrade for free and get this bolt on added.

He did say it was only something the upgrades and retentions department could do though.
    My question is, have any of you guys got this bolt on? is it true? or is there alot of false information being given out by o2 staff? im a little confused!!

2. matttye macrumors 601

I'm pretty sure O2 can add whatever they like to your account. Many times I have been given free minutes/texts when I've called customer services.

Do a lot of your friends use O2? If so, it might be worth looking into the "my family" bolt on - unlimited minutes/texts/picture messages to 5 people of your choice who use O2 for £7.50.

3. Jimmy2shoes thread starter macrumors member

4. Jimmy2shoes thread starter macrumors member

Hey, thanks for the quick reply, yeah i did look into the family bolt on but i figured if i could get the unlimited text one it would suit me better.

I always got differing amounts of texts/minutes with my other phones over the years through haggling when i came to upgrade with o2, but was under the impression they were alot more stringent with the Iphone contracts so i was surprised when he announced i could pay the £7.50 for unlimited texts.

I guess it is written down on my account though now so if the next advisor says no when i go to upgrade at least i can refer that person to them in the hope it might change something!!

5. matttye macrumors 601

Make sure you read the small print of your contract and get it in writing that you've been offered the unlimited text bolt on - if possible.

6. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

Well, just a thought, it might work out better to go for the Pay and Go option and unlock rather than pay O2 iPhone contract rates. As an example, I am on O2 simplicity and have 600 minutes, 1200 texts, unlimited web for £19/month....

7. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

Just to inform you that the unlimited text bolt on can be applied. Just call customer services and they should add it on for you.

8. Jimmy2shoes thread starter macrumors member

Ah thanks for the info, its good to have it cleared up! i searched a few different forums but apparently people were being told different things!!

I think my average spend over the last 12 months came to £100 ish and they made me a platinum customer, so how someone who is spending £200 odd cant be seems like madness to me!