Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

03sho

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2007
UK
Everyone is showing "Out Of Stock" as O2 don't have the phones yet. Take everything that the CS people say with a giant pinch of salt, they don't know what's going on any more than we do. They just see an order screen that says out of stock, so thats what they say.

Hopefully.

funkyshaker

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2007
I just rang them. They basically said that they still don't have any stock so why they told a previous poster that his was in the warehouse ready to be delivered by DHL is beyond me.

I have an order number so will get one allocated to me but he couldn't guarantee that it would be from the first batch.

I will ring back tomorrow afternoon and if there is still no news then I'll cancel and go instore on Friday.

The guy I spoke to also knew nothing about us being told by txt/email by 10am tomorrow. Sounds like that O2 CS are just telling us anything to keep us happy.

They have our money and earning interest off it so they're alright Jack!

digmo

macrumors member
Jan 10, 2008
Well

I just received a dispatched email, I think they are working through them, I have a DHL tracking code etc but it says if it is an iphone it will be the 11th. Poor DHL are going to busy, lets hope they can deliver 13000 a second !

David

poolish

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2007
south coast, uk
just got a 4th email, same as the guy above, dhl tracking number and stuff, woo

ooooh it tells me my new o2 phone number as well woop woop!!

poolish

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2007
south coast, uk
just checked, i ordered at about 12 on monday! dont usually get up that early, woo i love being a student. it was the 8gb model. nice. excited. yeaaaaahhhh

Aphex666

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2008
My Order

I ordered at 16gb iPhone at around 9:10am and have been told by O2 CS that I wouldn't get one from the first batch. I have no idea if this is true or not but from what I have seen on the threads about despatch emails there doesn't seen to be any pattern to it at all.

mailliw

macrumors member
Jul 4, 2008
This sucks! So much for the first-come-first-serve promise. I ordered mine at 8.10am...

Congrats to those who have the dispatch email though!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.