Oakland Mayor Warns City Of Upcoming Immigration Raids After Receiving Intel

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Gutwrench, Feb 27, 2018.

1. Gutwrench Contributor

Gutwrench

I find this disgusting. Not only is Schaaf willfully interfering with law enforcement, she’s willing to place those officer’s life in danger.

2. 0007776 Suspended

If ICE is being used for political purposes to attack cities that don’t want to waste their taxpayers money by assisting with immigration raids I don’t feel too bad about those officials messing with ICE’s plans.

3. Gutwrench thread starter Contributor

Gutwrench

What ”if”?

What “if” they were just doing their job?

What “if” this advance warning had resulted in the injury or death of a law enforcement officer?

What “if” then?

4. jerwin macrumors 68020

I think it's refreshing. ICE nees to take a long walk off a short pier.

5. 0007776 Suspended

How would it result in injury or death of an officer? The worst that would happen is they don’t find anyone to arrest. There’s not enough specific information there for someone who just wants to shoot an ICE officer to be more effective than just walking over to an ICE office and shooting up the place.

6. Gutwrench thread starter Contributor

Gutwrench

Instead of ignoring my question by asking others, kindly answer mine first.

7. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

The left doesn't care about those laws. Illegals can kill Americans, it's all good in their eyes because Americans kill Americans. That's their justification for ignoring them.

8. 0007776 Suspended

You have a bunch of rhetorical questions, but to try to answer them, what if they were just doing their job? Well, the people in the city government were doing their job here by protecting the people living in their city. If you are referring to the ICE agents doing their jobs, this doesn’t effect that at all, they can still go in they are just more likely to come out empty handed.

On your other question of what if an officer gets hurt there is no way that this would lead to an officer getting hurt, hence my question of how that would come about as a result of this.

9. Gutwrench thread starter Contributor

Gutwrench

Was your original reply not a hypothetical?

Being in this country illegally is a crime. It’s one thing to turn your head to that, but it’s quite a different matter to abet in it by tipping off criminals of imminent law enforcement activity.

I respect your belief, but just can’t muster the energy to even continue discussing something as disingenuous as how tipping off criminals of impending law enforcement activity is harmless.

10. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Just another example of the left's total disregard for the law.

11. darksithpro macrumors 6502a

Democrats love illegals and the poor. It makes up a large part of their voting base. Let the illegals pour in, keep the EBT cards fully charged and you get to keep your political position. Works like a charm.

12. jerwin macrumors 68020

and the republicans love whipping up anger and jealousy and resentment among their base.

13. 0007776 Suspended

Illegals don’t vote, but yes the poor will support the party that helps them as opposed to the party that tells them to roll over and die. See I can make generalizations too.

14. jerwin macrumors 68020

Come back with a warrant.

15. Zenithal macrumors 604

What part? The Chinese have been buying parts of Oakland in hoards over the last few years and tearing everything down.

16. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Almost like a modern day plantation.

17. darksithpro macrumors 6502a

LOL, I wasn't ever going to go that far, but yea, you're right. Modern day slavery by Deomcrats in a sense.
    --- Post Merged, Feb 27, 2018 ---
    :p

18. Herdfan macrumors 6502

No matter your thoughts about ICE and immigration raids, at some point Oakland is going to need help from the FBI or ICE or Homeland. So it is pretty stupid to put illegals ahead of your citizens when you might just need help from the feds in the future.

But by all means, lets do something that makes us feel good consequences be damned.
    --- Post Merged, Feb 28, 2018 ---
    I don't agree with that 100%, but even assuming that they don't, their kids born here can. So let in a mom and dad who have 4 kids, that is 4 dem voters. Since the dems seem to have written off rust belt workers, they need a new group, so why not pick one that is growing.

19. alex2792 macrumors 6502a

Why do democrats love illegals so much? They can’t (supposedly) vote and there are plenty of LEGAL immigrants whom they can court. As a child of LEGAL immigrants I say deport, deport, deport!

20. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

ICE arrested 150 illegal immigrants in Oakland despite the warning

21. Herdfan macrumors 6502

Same here. See my sig.

No they can't vote legally, but their kids born here can.

22. alex2792 macrumors 6502a

Nice! 150 down 10,999,850 to go...

23. 0007776 Suspended

Yes their kids can. And if you are going to claim that illegals vote as well you better have some proof that is more credible than one of Trump’s tweets.

24. jeyf macrumors 65816

CA is not the NYC rump tower. Lot of Mexican citizens here and they vote.
    the Oakland Mayor is smart

25. NickG420 macrumors regular

NickG420

People can have all the opinions about immigration laws they want, but the bottom line is none of us should be ok with some city mayor deciding which federal law she wants to follow and enforce.

That's a serious precedent to set and be ok with....