Oakridge, San Jose, CA?

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by rowdeezy, Jun 21, 2010.

1. rowdeezy macrumors newbie

Anyone reserved their iPhone 4 at Oakridge Mall?
    I've never even been there before but thought maybe it would be slightly less trafficked?
    I live in SF and won't make it down till 7 or 7:30am... I'm resigned to being there for 1/2 a day, so that way if I can get out in less than 3 hours, I'll be pleasantly surprised.
    Anyone lining up early??

2. dreamteam macrumors member

I usually wait at Valley Fair for iPhone launches, but this iPhone seems to be in more demand than all other versions. Being paranoid I won't get one on launch day, I'm thinking I may be better off going to Oakridge Apple Store instead? Can anyone please post line info. If you're there, can you please post how many people are in line? My current plan is to head there around 3am tonight.

3. rowdeezy thread starter macrumors newbie

Hoping 7am is good enough to show up.

I don't mind waiting a bit in line. It's part of the experience!
    Will try to post an update on this thread.:)

4. dreamteam macrumors member

What time you planning on getting in line?

5. rowdeezy thread starter macrumors newbie

Coming in from SF. Won't likely get there till 7:30am or so..... Haven't had any other response from others going to Oakridge. Maybe that's a good sign?? :p

6. fatefulwhisper macrumors regular

I went here last year (because Valley Fair at the time, had 200 people waiting in line) for the iPhone 3GS launch. I was in the reserved line last year and came in at around 6:30am, and was about #40 in line. The store opened at 7am. I was in line for about 2 hours that day.

I plan to be there again tomorrow, at around the same time. Maybe earlier, we'll see. I'm on the reserved list again this year, but if I end up at #40 again, I may just come by later in the afternoon when the line (hopefully) dies down.

7. rowdeezy thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, then, it sounds like Oakridge is the way to go! YAY! I reserved one too... hope the wait doesn't go past 4 hours. I won't have enough food packed!

8. SJOFFROAD macrumors newbie

I'll be there at 6:29 to beat you :cool:

Hopefully its not crazy

9. mastmunda macrumors newbie

Does anyone know what time the mall door open for oakridge mall?

10. mastmunda macrumors newbie

:p - one other thing - does Apples Store's free wiki is available while waiting in line :p :p - i will try to be there by 6:28 am ...lol

11. SJOFFROAD macrumors newbie

DAMN YOU! lol
    Im going to drive up there in a little bit to see how its like right now. Ill let you guys know.

12. SJOFFROAD macrumors newbie

Ok its not too too bad but there are about 50 people in line without reservations. No line as of yet for people with reserved phones.

@11:15pm

Just starting to wrap around Bjs
    [​IMG]

13. fatefulwhisper macrumors regular

WOW :eek:

Thanks for the update! That's the first time I've seen it like that... It wasn't like this last year...

14. Shasha04 macrumors newbie

Are there people inside though? I'm at Valley Fair and there's about 200 people inside and 100 outside. Figured Oakridge would be better but I live close to Valley Fair and got off work at 1am so I came straight here. Wondering if I had a better shot at Oakridge.

15. dreamteam macrumors member

I'm bad at estimating, but I'd say about 150 people in line right now. We're all outside, they're not allowing anyone lineup inside the mall.

16. Shasha04 macrumors newbie

I'm now being told there's 120 people inside at Valley Fair and 180 outside. I'm outside about 30-50 people back but it only looks like at most 100 out here.

Sounds like Oakridge was the better option. I got here around 1am and I'm 150 back on the best estimate, and 250 back on the worst.

17. Samuiotoko macrumors newbie

I reserved one at oakridge, how is the reserved line looks like now? Can someone provides an update?

18. sobiloff macrumors newbie

I'm in the reserved line by pf changs. We've hardly moved. I guess they're unwinding the inside line. Probably 400+ people lined up. I think there are going to be some disappointed folks without reservations.

19. dreamteam macrumors member

They're doing about 30 to 1 reserved to walk-in ratio over here. That is by far the worst I've heard anywhere today!

20. hellskitchen macrumors newbie

Not bad. I'm soething like #500 in line. Prepaird to wait for few hours. Stendhal by line is most likely closer to 1500.

21. mastmunda macrumors newbie

I just got mine - ratio is now 10:2 (reserved: walk-ins). I would it's about 30 or so people/hr:)...have fun guys!

22. fatefulwhisper macrumors regular

I just got my 32GB iPhone. There seems to be PLENTY in stock there, so feel free to go there anytime--I think they will last until the end of Friday.

23. sobiloff macrumors newbie

Got in the pre-order line at 7am and left with my new phone a little after noon. Not bad, but I'm still annoyed that I had to stand in line at all. Darned AT&T servers.

24. fuzzielitlpanda macrumors 6502a

Can anyone update on the reserved line situation right now?

25. dreamteam macrumors member

With a device that has this much demand, there's nothing more Apple can do. If you didn't want to stand in line, you should've got it shipped to you.

A part of me wished they didn't do the activations in store. Just give the phone and activate at home. The line would go a lot of faster! But considering how many people there are in line just looking to make a quick buck by turning right around and selling the phone, then I was glad they were forcing in store activations. Priority should be given to people looking to buy the phone for themselves, not to for people looking to make a quick buck.