Obama’s AG, Loretta Lynch says to Muslim gathering “We stand with you on this.”

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by FieldingMellish, Dec 5, 2015.

1. FieldingMellish Suspended

Loretta Lynch addressed a Muslim Advocate’s 10th Anniversary Dinner during which she ignored San Bernardino and Muslim involvement except to say we stand with you on this. Lynch also said that since the Paris attacks, her greatest concern has been the “incredibly disturbing rise of anti-Muslim rhetoric … that fear is my greatest fear.”

Lynch would not say how many Muslims have been killed in the United States because of backlash, but said: “When we talk about the First Amendment we must make it clear that actions predicated on violent talk are not American. They are not who we are, they are not what we do, and they will be PROSECUTED … My message not just to the Muslim community but to all Americans is ‘We cannot give in to the fear that these backlashes are really based on.’”

Prosecuted sounds like it does not bode well. What could than mean?

Of course this is Obama’s Attorney General. While his AG is sucking up and currying favor with the Muslim group and looking to prosecute Americans who take issue with the rising tide of clear Muslim incidences, Obama has perpetually seen fit to avoid ’saying the name” throughout the entirety of Muslim extremist attacks. After Paris, Obama released statement that used almost every word in the dictionary in order to avoid saying Muslim extremist terrorists. The official White House release on that matter:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2015/11/13/watch-president-obamas-statement-attacks-paris

2. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

Sounds completely reasonable. I can see why you'd have issue with it.

3. vrDrew macrumors 65816

Reasonable and modern-day American conservatism don't exist in the same universe.

These are the same jokers who think its a good idea to shut down the Federal Government in order to prevent poor women from getting birth control and sonograms.

4. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Sounds reasonable, and not too far off what Bush said in the days after 9/11

I know I might get attacked for using the excuse that Bush did it too this long into Obama's term, but saying that terrorists don't represent Islam was reasonable 15 years ago and it is reasonable today.

5. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

The administration's largest concern is backlash on the Muslim community, but their violent religion is generating the problem. Makes sense.

I wonder if they had as much concern about backlash on Catholics when priests were found to be systematically using their positions to rape children.

6. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Terrorism is the best representation of Islam, convert the world and kill the infidel, teachings of a warmonger.

7. FieldingMellish thread starter Suspended

At every turn, Americans turning a blind-eye to unusual activity by Muslims has resulted in death.

Whether Fort Hood, San Bernardino, 9/11, people didn’t want to cross a PC line and it cost, big time.

We also have the test cases by Islamists, such as the flying Imams and Clock Boy, that feel out the extent of what they can get away with, while also enjoying the financial benefits potential in suing, while also ginning up Islamophobia. A total win.

The AG wants to ensure that situations like Clock Boy or the Flying Imams, or Muslims who want to learn how to fly, but not land, will be prosecuted, so now there’s going to be a legal punishment meted out the the Obama administration if a person sees something and says something.

8. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

If you see something say something so we can ridicule you until the next explosion.

9. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Sounds like the Bible. Maybe we should force convert all Christians to a religion of peace - like atheism.

10. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

You don't need a deity to be an arsehole.

11. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Where was all your outrage when a radical christian right wing terrorist shot 12 people at a healthcare clinic in Colorado last week?

We clearly need to profile all christians and put FBI surveillance teams outside all churches.

12. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

but it helps and gives you someone to blame.

13. FieldingMellish thread starter Suspended

Some are shocked at Lynch and are throwing down the gauntlet.

A former U.S. congressman turned conservative host urged Attorney General Loretta Lynch to arrest him after she warned on Thursday that her office would take a more aggressive approach to those declaring anti-Muslim rhetoric.

Former Illinois Rep. Joe Walsh said, “I think Islam has a real freaking problem, alright?” “There is a cancer in Islam, and if they’re not going to learn to assimilate, I don’t want them in this country.” "Got a problem, Loretta Lynch, with me saying that? Then throw me in jail."

14. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

The cancer isn't just Islam, the cancer is religion in general. Christians are just too dumb or delusional to realize the only difference between them and Islam is their choice of fairy-tale novel.

Otherwise they're trying to do the same things: making laws and forcing their fairy-tale rooted beliefs on others, denying science, trying to control women's bodies, hating gays, etc.

Religion.. the world's most widespread mental illness.

15. Populism macrumors regular

Populism

Ha!

When a large, organized group Christians start "trying to" burn living pilots in cages - and televising it - in the name of Jesus, you give us a shoutz.

16. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    [​IMG]

17. Populism macrumors regular

Populism

Link to "in the name of Jesus", please.

18. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

No. This was done in our name.

19. Populism macrumors regular

Populism

Avoid burned-alive-in-cage comprison? Check

Avoid televised comparison? Check

Avoid in-name-of-Jesus comparison? Check

Conflate Guantanamo Bay for confusion of simple issue and Liberal high-fives?

Check

Take the focus off the Islam Cancer all you like.

20. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

I remember someone here saying that war crimes were a liberal invention, and were entirely worthless as a concept. Because in war, anything goes.

It seems to me that some of you aren't so much disgusted with what ISIS does as you are wondering why we aren't doing the same to them.

I will not sacrifice my freedoms and my standards to abate your fears.

21. Populism, Dec 5, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2015

Populism macrumors regular

Populism

As I said to one of your posts months ago, the only fear I have in this arena is not of Islam/ISIS/terrorism, but of pied piper Liberals who successfully stop honest dialog about Islamic/Muslim terrorism.

But your assumption about my "fear" was adorbs. You make me feel like the prettiest girl at the ball.

Keep trying to impress the Cool Kids, Renzatic. You'll get a couple more likes!!

22. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Well they haven't had the opportunity to shoot down pilots so they could burn them in cages, but the Lord's Resistance Army uses similar tactics as ISIS and other Islamic groups with the exception being that the LRA is a Christian group.

link

23. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Probably liberals do give Muslims too much slack. So what?

24. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

There's nothing honest about dialog that rails on and on about how all Muslims are bad because 2 Muslims shot a dozen people but conveniently ignores Christianity even though a Christian extremist shot 10+ people at a healthcare clinic just over a week ago.

If we're gonna condemn all Muslims for the acts of two, then we should also be condemning all Christians for that attack too.

25. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

And Christian leaders didn't even condemn the first attack.