Obama: A Republican Plant?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by dsnort, Dec 22, 2009.

1. dsnort macrumors 68000

dsnort

http://biggovernment.com/2009/12/22/obama-a-republican-plant/

2. Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

More likely that Bush & Co were trying to destroy the U.S.A. on purpose.

3. dsnort thread starter macrumors 68000

dsnort

If you had actually read the article before posting a knee jerk reactionary Democratic talking point, you may have passed as an astute observer of political machinations.

But it's too late now....:(

4. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Oh I sense a theme in your posting tonight......

Anyway, both of your sources have been laughable in the threads I've seen so far, let me go see if there is more of this going on....

5. Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

You're right. Sorry. I thought this was a joke thread.

6. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

The same type of commentary is said about almost every president.

But then again, we just ignore things we don't want to hear and only focus on the ones we do.

I got a great idea. Instead of complaining hows about working constructively to get something done.

7. dsnort thread starter macrumors 68000

dsnort

Yeah, and I've never seen a theme to yours.....:rolleyes:

And what are some of your non-laughable sources? Daily Kos? Olberman? Matthews? No, no, let me guess! Jon Stewart, right!

Or do you take issue with the fact the author of the article is African American? Do you have some latent racism? Would it make you feel better to label him as an "Uncle Tom"?

If you have issue with the content, then roll it out. Attacking the source as "laughable" is a cheap and intellectually lazy way to argue, and can be turned against you.

8. IntheNet macrumors regular

IntheNet

Perhaps a potted plant...

9. Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

See! It is a joke thread. Thanks for the support IntheNet!

(That is a joke . . . right?)

10. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

First off, I've only posted a handful of threads in my time here, so yea good luck getting one theme from them.

Here's a tip when posting sources, if its an editorial that is nothing but someones opinions, it probably doesn't contain a lot of fact. Not that you seem to care anyway.

11. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I thought the article was going to be tongue-in-cheek, but the author appears to be serious about it, and then his piece devolves into a bunch of conservative talking points. So much for that.

The OP's sarcastic references to Olbermann, Stewart, et. al. don't help me take this topic seriously either.

What the hell is it with all the oddball threads lately anyway?

And what's a "reactionary Democrat"?

12. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Not sure if its a solid rule, but most of the time, OPs post a link they believe is interesting and will start off with something about why the felt they wanted to post it or just their thoughts on it....just saing

13. Shivetya macrumors 65816

So Obama does it out of incompetence?

Bush and Co were not out to destroy America unless you count his reckless spending, but Obama and Co are worse in every regard so far.

Obama is going to lose the Congress to Republicans because he is inherently a whiner and a dishonest one at that. We do not want whiners in the White House and that is what he is. "its always someone else's fault"

Hell I am amazed he hasn't blamed "THE MAN" yet...

14. Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

Bush trying to destroy the country on purpose is ridiculous, but Obama being a Republican plant is even more ridiculous.

And I get it, the opinion piece says that if he isn't a Republican plant then he's totally clueless. That is also ridiculous. Very simplistic thinking.

15. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

he certainly is not being remotely as progressive as many of his electors were hoping.
    the moderate conservative policies pushed so far by this administration could indeed support the view that he might be a republican under democratic guise.

i certainly hope in a decided liberal turn. the sooner the better.