Obama admin blocked FBI probe of Clinton Foundation corruption

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, Aug 12, 2016.

1. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/aug/11/obama-admin-blocked-fbi-probe-clinton-foundation/
    hope she is jailed.

2. kch50428 macrumors 6502

kch50428

<sfx: Gomer Pyle voice>Surprise surprise surprise...</end sfx>

3. Limey77 macrumors regular

4. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

we don't generally get to see what their sources are.

5. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

There was carelessness, but no ill intent. No reasonable prosecutor would bring this case to trial.

-Signed, Comey the Clown

6. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

The sourcing on this article is crap.

The source for the article is a presidential campaign citing "reports" of an issue.

Meanwhile, the Daily Caller is claiming that multiple FBI investigations are underway using an anonymous source. Not that anonymous sources are bad, but news agencies should be careful to consider why the source wants to remain anonymous and the Daily Caller is a hack operation.

7. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Sounds like more Trump lies to me unless there's some official sources.

Trump's campaign MO has been to make up outlandish **** and put it out there as "there are reports" despite those things being completely untrue and the trumpets eat it up.
    --- Post Merged, Aug 12, 2016 ---
    That's because they don't exist. The "there are reports" is their campaign's way of making up lies and getting trumpets to believe it.

8. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

You guys really need to just realize it won't make any difference. The apologists will continue to rationalize her crimes and Obama will never let her be indicted. I expect full presidential amnesty will be granted in the next 30 days with the justification being these investigations are distracting the American people from the important election in front of them...

9. samcraig macrumors P6

Many many people are saying this.

10. daflake macrumors 6502a

Sippin the KoolAid sitting back saying "that can't be my candidate, she would never do that"! That is part of the problem with America today. Nobody thinks with their own brains anymore.

11. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

Obama’s one of the biggest U.S. criminals of all-time so it’s no surprise he’s protecting the same ilk.

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/08/11/p...tate-department-clinton-foundation/index.html

12. samcraig macrumors P6

Some could say that about candidates.

13. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Very interesting.

From CNN:

Unfortunately, confirmation bias comes into play. If you assume that Clinton is corrupt, then this is a sign of corruption and the DOJs complicity.

14. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

State Dept.: [repeatedly not answering specific question]

AP
    Matt Lee: “I’m sorry, am I not speaking English?”

2:24

15. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Yep, she's standing on talking point island and is wondering when the rescue boat is coming.

Two other points: first, I find it disturbing that Russian state media is heavily invested in the story. Second, note that for all the bitching about the "mainstream media," it's a reporter from the Associated Press on video giving a Foggy Bottom flack a hard time.

16. Limey77 macrumors regular

Let's see the evidence, if there's anything to it then let's investigate.

From the very scant details we have, it suggests there is no case to answer and that this is another smokescreen.

The really big issue the republicans have now is that they're like the boy who cried wolf. For eight years they've tried and thrown anything and everything at Hillary and they've all been debunked. Now it's so close to the election that unless Hillary is actually caught with a blood dripping knife, then nobody sane will believe them.

17. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

So, let's say that the FBI gets its way. It reviews the available facts, and Comey once again says that no criminal action is necessary. Will you be satisfied?

Can any investigation that doesn't end with Hillary's head on a pike satisfy the anti-Hillary crowd? I doubt it. And, that's not justice, that's a witch-hunt.

You might as well ask if she weighs less than a duck.

18. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

RT is always invested in hitting State in press briefings, Russia has its own objectives in doing so and part of it simply is to routinely try to show the U.S. govenment looking ridiculous. But regardless whether RT reports on it or others do, the U.S. government routinely is ridiculous. That reporter is American.

19. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

In the case of video, I don't mind that it's RT. But, I wouldn't bother with any of their "analysis" or reporting.

Yeah, that's the Associated Press' Matt Lee. Read the second sentence of my post again.

20. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

Matt Lee regularly hits State.

21. daflake macrumors 6502a

I say it about all of them.

22. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

That's more Hillary's style, i.e. Planting hits on Bernies rep via the DNC
    --- Post Merged, Aug 12, 2016 ---
    Hard to be satisfied when justice hasn't been served.

23. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

The legal argument on the table is whether or not it's the job of the FBI to determine guilt by way of intent or not.

The FBI's job is to determine if laws were broken, not to judge intent. The court's job is to judge intent via a grand jury.

Comey overstepped his authority, conveniently for Clinton, and as such justice was NOT served.

She broke the law. She needs to be judged in a court of law, not by a political appointee.

24. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

The FBI doesn't think she broke the law.