Obama administration will force doctors to perform gender-reassignment surgery on children

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by aaronvan, Aug 28, 2016.

1. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Why is it legal to mutilate 12-year-olds? Are 12-year-olds fully-formed and fully-socialized human beings ready to make a medical choice that will affect them for the rest of their lives?

Those are the sort of questions that Hillary should be answering at a press conference but as we know, Hillary doesn't hold pressers.

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

We have a source? I mean, other than the NY Post editorial board.

3. smallcoffee macrumors 6502a

4. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

I'm sure you could find something on the HHS website; however, like most government websites it's not user-friendly and appears to have been kludged together with Visual Studio .NET circa 2006.

5. Michael Goff macrumors G4

Michael Goff

Why should Hillary respond to a rumor with no real source? What do you hope she responds to ab9ut after that? The existence of Bigfoot? Get a source.

6. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

Here is an interesting video on the actual act of gender-reassignment surgery. It's not from the New England Journal of Medicine; it's not from the AMA. It's from Teen Vogue magazine. Yes, the SJW/gender-abolitionists like to indoctrinate our kids early. They learned much from the Cultural Marxists. I challenge anyone to watch this video in it's entirety. I couldn't. This is a brief (and nauseating) text description:

Incidentally, lately high school peer groups are transitioning together. One kid decides he/she is a she/he and all the other kids suddenly discover they are trapped in the wrong body as well. Man, I remember when all you needed to fit in was a cool car.

7. Michael Goff macrumors G4

Michael Goff

I don't see how that was indoctrination to let people know about surgery. Do you know indoctrinating is?

8. jerwin macrumors 65816

Oh God. This Canard again?

9. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

I've got to ask....what in the world is wrong with you?

Who is being forced to do anything here? You think some 9 year old is just walking into a doctors office demanding for a sex reassignment surgery? Have you ever met anyone who is transgender? Anyone that has had a sex re-assignment surgery?

Where in the world do you find the time to be so outraged over things that will absolutely never effect you?

10. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

Right, and articles on breast augmentation and lip injections do nothing to indoctrinate teenage girls that a full bosom and soft, pillowy lips are desirable indicators of beauty. They are simply an informative public service.

No, but I know parents (who are best friends with their kids) bring their 11-year-olds to the doctor for sex sex reassignment surgery. Saw it on the news.

Yes and yes and what the hell does that have to do with anything? Maybe you should read the article before you go off half-cocked.

11. Michael Goff macrumors G4

Michael Goff

I'm going to so you a serious question. What about the article is indoctrination? You should be able to come up with something. It's easy, right?

12. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

Whether true or false this situation is but one more reminder of how Evil Hussein and Hillary are.

13. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Noting how children tend to reflect on what they are told at an early age and don't think of anything else until teenagers... or even brainless rebelling...
    --- Post Merged, Aug 28, 2016 ---
    Yikes. It doesn't happen too often or else all local news would want to ca$h in on it.

Given the population of T people is 1.4 million people, that's less than 1/2% of the general population (source: NYT, claiming population doubled to 1.4M), the chances of one meeting a true T (not a drag queen who performs at gay bars for fun and/or income), you're right. Most people won't know. Most people wouldn't care as most of us don't look on peoples' desks and giving a rat if a person's lover is pictured. If one sees a photo of one's lover scantily clad in the workplace, regardless of gender, then there's another issue (basic public decency we all must follow) but that's the only concern I could fathom...

14. jerwin macrumors 65816

Is this belief important to you? Why? What purpose does it serve?

There other aspects of human life that do not depend so much on objective truth. Might I suggest picking up a nice work of literature?

15. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

right cause you know oboma the god now Hillary the god. I mean look how they control your mind.

16. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

LOL whether true or false...

My dear maxsix, you have finally gone off the deep end butt first and injured your binary ruler.

17. vrDrew macrumors 65816

Nobody is forcing doctors to do anything.

Gender reassignment is a highly specialized area of medicine. And physicians that go into that specialty make the choice to do so. It is not like the Obama administration is forcing Marcus Welby to hack off bits of innocent kids' anatomy.

Pediatricians have been aware for many years that there are a small number of children that sincerely, psychologically believe that they were born the wrong gender. It is believed to exist in roughly 1 in 10,000 children.

There are also significant benefits to beginning the gender-reassignment process earlier rather than later. Typically children so affected are given hormone therapy to delay the onset of puberty; and then undergo the permanent, life-changing hormone therapy later.

There is a well-established protocol and guidelines for such treatment.

From a legal perspective, the Government rules have been established to comply with rules outlawing sexual discrimination. It is unlikely to ever become a particularly common process or procedure. But making it available can - literally - be a lifesaver to children so affected.

But hey: Nothing gets the rubes all worked up and hating on the liberals better than stuff like this. Congrats for stoking those good old fires of divisiveness!

18. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Says the guy voting for Hillary

19. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

Says the guy voting for everyone as they slowly get eliminated. We can't forget you trumpeting trump. I don't want Hillary but it's that or a baboon with a orange face.

20. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

Maybe those on the right should quit their whining and mind their own damn business and not worry about other peoples' gender identities. How bout that? Crazy thought, huh?

Wake me up when they find something of actual importance to whine about. Yawn. Boring me.

21. A.Goldberg macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

I think they just need to be very careful about performing such (dangerous) surgeries on 12 year old who may/may not be fully competent of making a very permanent, life changing decision. What is the criteria? Essentially life long gender dysphoria or because their best friend is gender dysphoric.

It's an interesting issue. Looking back on my childhood, one of my classmate's brother was well known into barbies and dressing like a girl, despite having no sister. On the other hand there are young boys and girls who one day announce their transgenderism and then forget about it.

At the age of 12 is it even ethical for kids (or their parents) to decide to go under sex changes without understanding the full social and sexual ramifications? I don't care how people live out their lives from a gender/sexuality standpoint, but I think we need to be very careful about jumping the gun on such profound surgeries before the child even really know how this will change his/her life. I think most of the medical community would agree with that.

22. sean000 macrumors 6502a

sean000

It is a really strange obsession. I grew up in the American South and was always amazed at the religious right's obsession with gender and sex. Even the attitudes towards the habits of consenting heterosexual cisgender adults was curiously detailed and obsessive. For people who preach abstinence, they sure like to talk about sex a lot. I guess repression leads to obsession.

23. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

This is just sick. What in the hell is wrong with these people that want to push this on kids.

24. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Half-cocked? Did he get gender reassignment surgery too?

25. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

If you wouldn't hand a 12 year old a shot of whisky, why would you even consider removing a penis and replace it with a vagina or vice versa.